Thread: Shall we discuss the big 3 (or 4) this year?

The Great One

Default Shall we discuss the big 3 (or 4) this year?

Bedard...
    Fantilli...
    Michkov...
    Carlsson??

I've got thoughts but ill wait to weigh in. What do we think? Big three or big four? Bedard already scoring two points per game but exactly how much are we expecting out if him this year? If he can't improve on last years heady 1.8ish point per game totals do we have the audacity to be disappointed? Fantillis gains an illusion or a real threat? Is he the Eichel to Bedard Matthew or a different animal altogether? Russian political/military concerns something to worry about with matvei? Whats this kids real upside anyways? Has Carlsson done enough to warrant inclusion in this discussion ? Or is he just the best consolation prize?

There are other considerations we can diacuss (where are all the dmen? Is this the second year in a row we see a first round go by without a goalie called?) But I feel there are a lot of Interesting conversations to be had around these 3 or 4 specifically.

Someone want to fire an opening Salvo?

The Great One

Default Re: Shall we discuss the big 3 (or 4) this year?

I'm dedicating a big chunk of my afternoon to this research so I'll try and post links to interesting articles and videos. So far I'm seeing Yager and Dvorak come up a lot in these searches too.

Yager was the OHL rookie of the year last year scoring 34 goals and over a ppg player on Moose jaw last year. Hes slight but a volume shooter whose always thinking sure. Maybe shades of caufield?

Dvorak continues the great lineage coming out of slovakia with nemec and slaffy. He has good size and although he's not always noticeable his production is never in question and the nu.bers speak for themselves. Likely speaks to a high hockey iq.

I'm sure as the season progresses these two will get their share of digital ink and while they're not quite there yet every year seems to have a sneaky riser or two the year of the draft so I thought I'd cover my bases and mention these two.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...raft-prospect/

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...l-draft-class/

The Great One

Default Re: Shall we discuss the big 3 (or 4) this year?

Lmao Dvorsky!! Cmon emu! I hate that damn autocorrect...