Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Desert Island Discs

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Desert Island Discs

SONGS:

Crazy Game of Poker - OAR (live version of course)
    Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
    Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam
    Fireworks - Tragically Hip
    11:11 - Arkells
    Fancy - Reba McIntire
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Sound of Silence - Disturbed

BOOK:
    Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss (I am assuming you can get a single book with all three books in it and that the 3rd book has been released already)

LUXURY ITEM:
    Leatherman Tool

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think you'll go crazy regardless lol.

And I find it easier to focus when I'm listening to something that doesn't have words going on. I can keep a flow going and not accidently start typing words I'm hearing. Bit of a sidetrack but I'm either listening to the words in the songs, or I'm just listening to the noise of the instruments. I just lack the ability to process a song lyric, and type my thoughts consistently. Pretty sure it's proven that the human brain can not listen and process 2 separate conversations at the same time. You can switch between each one easily and your brain connects the dots, but you cant simultaneously listen to 2 things.
    Bold part - this part I'm fine with (in my case more so podcasts or studying for a test with computer doing text2speech while I work). To me this is two different processes I can run at the same time.
    I need to stop the podcast though when I go to make/accept a phone call. Even no lyric music I'm stopping for a phone call (if using earbuds). Two of the same process doesn't mix well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I would counter that teasing one's self with hope that doesn't come would be the thing that could make one go crazy.
    Suggesting that the lyrics in songs will replace verbal interaction with other humans is... IDK... not something that seems like it would run well.

If one is on a deserted island, they need to completely move on to a system where they are living and accepting of their current situation.
    There's no point in speaking or making ANY sound any longer.

Monks do this just fine.
    My lyric-less songs shift me into monk status sooner than others and my zen-shift is going to surely help me outlast the rest of y'all.
    Monks are know for living long boss lives with minimal items... and that's the set-up here!!!
    I agree that using lyrics in songs to try and replicate verbal interaction with another human is a stretch... but I'm also trying to survive with the hope of being rescued. I think adapting best I can while limiting the amount of change to myself is key to my longevity.

There's plenty point in making sound in my opinion. Axeman33 wants to bring is guitar, as his luxury item, to further connect himself with his selected songs. This is will greatly help his mental health.

Each person is different though and need to do what's best for them.

(Assuming things like if I select something like a game system and games like GTA I do not get its play list)
    The idea of narrowing down to just 8 songs is such a daunting task to me...

I would likely select some songs that are longer in length... just for the illusion of a longer playlist.
    I could see 'Paradise By The Dashboard Light' making the list.
    I'd probably select a song to appeal to different mood states.

Book: This is Muhammad
    Not that I will read this book, but because it is the largest book in the world weighing in at 1500kg. The book is five meters in length, eight meters in width and consists of 429 pages.
    That's a lot of paper / fire starter!
    Since a luxury item like a fridge that restocks itself is probably out of the question... I'm not going to have time to read, rather get something to help survive.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Didn't spend much time on this and forced myself to pick only one song per artist.

Songs:

Hells Bells - AC/DC
    Dream On - Aerosmith
    Stand By Me - Ben E. King
    (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
    Cowgirl - Underworld
    Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins
    Zombie Eaters - Faith No More
    Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode
    Needs more Cowbell.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24