Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes - Draft Lottery May 8th

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My original thoughts were that this was going to be the Patrick Kane year all over again.

Flyers and Chicago both in the mix - and Chicago ends up getting Bedard and Flyers get 2nd overall and the player ends up being a JVR and no where near as good as Connor Bedard.
    Interesting you say that... Adam Fantilli is looking like the most likely player to go #2 and he has been incredible as a freshman in the NCAA. He is certainly not a JVR and I actually think he is not far behind Bedard.

I LOVE Bedard's talent but he has a long way to go to be successful with adults. I don't think he's a McDavid-level prospect... he does not play a great team game IMO. I find him to be a pretty selfish player and that approach will not work in the NHL. All of the hype is glossing over the fact that he has a ton of maturing to do, which is concerning for a prospect that's been praised since he was literally a little kid. Makes me wonder what kind of off-ice support team/agent/management he has.

I expect a Stamkos-like progression in the NHL... steep learning curve, then an explosion in year two.

Sorry for the tangent response but I'm not so sure 1st overall is such a massive advantage over 2.

Dobber Sports Titan

I also badly want a Duchene/Ottawa level of trade to happen where it involves next yrs 1st (2024 draft) without protection. Misa is just as touted as Bedard.

All the picks traded in the 2024 draft are top 10 protected essentially. So the likelihood of a 2023/2024 pick to not involved a top 10/top5 protection is so low. I think the Florida 1st that Montreal owns in the Chariot trade is unprotected, but that was a complicated conditional pick lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I also badly want a Duchene/Ottawa level of trade to happen where it involves next yrs 1st (2024 draft) without protection. Misa is just as touted as Bedard.

All the picks traded in the 2024 draft are top 10 protected essentially. So the likelihood of a 2023/2024 pick to not involved a top 10/top5 protection is so low. I think the Florida 1st that Montreal owns in the Chariot trade is unprotected, but that was a complicated conditional pick lol.
    The Panthers first in the Chiarot deal was complicated but not as complicated as the one in the Monahan deal!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Misa is 2025
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There's going to be a lot of teams or fanbases in 3yrs, wondering why they were lying to themselves and didn't hit the rebuild button quicker.

Teams like Flyers, Penguins, Capitals, Preds, Jets, Blues, Devils and Vancouver are just the ones off the top of my head.
    Penguins & Capitals aren't rebuilding with the star power core they have.
    The Devils did hit the rebuild button - to get Hughes & Hischier. They can't hit it a "rebuild" button again until they actually build something.
    Flyers have a braintrust dumber than my big toe - I'm not sure which toe is dumber, though honestly.
    Blues have a core which won a Stanley Cup fairly recently, they get a pass.
    Jets, Canucks, and maybe the Predators are the ones who could have regrets, but we'll see.

I have a feeling it's going to be a Western conference team. While the same number of teams will miss the playoffs in each conference, I expect the East to be stronger in general, with more teams just missing.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Blues also gave Avalanche probably the hardest test.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Monster

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 6.42.31 PM.png

Biiig asterisk beside the Panthers, who traded their pick to the Habs unprotected.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 6.42.31 PM.png

Biiig asterisk beside the Panthers, who traded their pick to the Habs unprotected.
    Florida will be better in 2nd half. Barkov is back.

As a Habs fan, will be hilarious that this pick will be no1 …..
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Man... I called it when they hired Torts... but Philly is really going to blunder this thing.
    All they needed to do was sign nobody in offseason and sign a nobody coach and they'd be a bottom 5 team.
    Instead, Torts is doing exactly what I thought he would/could... getting enough out of them to finish in the 20-25 range.
    Not close to playoffs. Not close to Bedard. Dave Scott (PHI ownership rep) and Fletcher (GM) need to both go.

PHI is currently in 9th last (24th overall).
    They're gonna not only have awful odds at Bedard... but they are going to miss all the studs in the top 5/6.

I'm rooting hard on Columbus now.
    Boy - that team has at least tried, with Gaudreau signing, and just had the worst luck (Werenski, Voracek, Jenner inj.)

CBJ... for me.
    Make it happen hockey-luck-gods!!!

The Great One

Habs.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Man... I called it when they hired Torts... but Philly is really going to blunder this thing.
    All they needed to do was sign nobody in offseason and sign a nobody coach and they'd be a bottom 5 team.
    Instead, Torts is doing exactly what I thought he would/could... getting enough out of them to finish in the 20-25 range.
    Not close to playoffs. Not close to Bedard. Dave Scott (PHI ownership rep) and Fletcher (GM) need to both go.

PHI is currently in 9th last (24th overall).
    They're gonna not only have awful odds at Bedard... but they are going to miss all the studs in the top 5/6.

I'm rooting hard on Columbus now.
    Boy - that team has at least tried, with Gaudreau signing, and just had the worst luck (Werenski, Voracek, Jenner inj.)

CBJ... for me.
    Make it happen hockey-luck-gods!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Habs.
    I want to say the Habs need to start selling off assets to tank but they are already pretty bad with the ones they have.

Not talking about the Habs directly, but these teams that are losing games hand over fist (Habs, Hawks, Ducks to name a few) must be embarrassed. I know management is smiling with the losing, but the players have to be hating this. These are proud professional players and anyone who plays any sport hates to lose, especially these guys at the level they are at, are not used to losing. I am embarrassed for them. I dont think the players are putting their gear on each night saying "let's go out and lose this one for a better pick boys"!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I want to say the Habs need to start selling off assets to tank but they are already pretty bad with the ones they have.

Not talking about the Habs directly, but these teams that are losing games hand over fist (Habs, Hawks, Ducks to name a few) must be embarrassed. I know management is smiling with the losing, but the players have to be hating this. These are proud professional players and anyone who plays any sport hates to lose, especially these guys at the level they are at, are not used to losing. I am embarrassed for them. I dont think the players are putting their gear on each night saying "let's go out and lose this one for a better pick boys"!
    I also don't think it works for the organization or the team. I think it builds a losing culture. Look at Edmonton. Their finely half decent but it's been 16 years and they have had 4 first overall picks, 2 other top 5 picks and one of the first overall picks perhaps being the best talent in history. Still their team might miss the playoffs.

You got to try and win every game to build a team and organization that plays the right way.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

Flyers are also in a spot where what's more detrimental to the organization that has longer term contracts, losing out and gaining maybe like 4% higher chance or competing and hoping to jump. They're about 5 months late for the tank.

I think your teams are wittled down to Chicago, CBJ, Anaheim, Arizona and maybe SJS.
    Chicago - noooo thank you
    CBJ - Last long term star was Nash
    Anaheim - They have their guys
    Arizona - Honestly wouldn't mind them getting him to go with Guenther
    SJS - They had their chance to me, but Bedard would really turn them around for the end of some players careers.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Oilers will miss the playoffs narrowly and somehow win the lottery. The Connors will be together but they will still miss the playoffs because of Nurses contract.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky