Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes - Draft Lottery May 8th

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes

My original thoughts were that this was going to be the Patrick Kane year all over again.

Flyers and Chicago both in the mix - and Chicago ends up getting Bedard and Flyers get 2nd overall and the player ends up being a JVR and no where near as good as Connor Bedard.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

SHOULD? Arizona

WILL? In a monumental upset of weighted ping-pong balls, Minnesota

MY PICK? Anaheim

Generally, the least likely option shouldn’t be discounted. These weird endings happen all too often.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Arizona, for sure, and as a Keller owner, that would be swell.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Oilers for the win

Dobber Sports Titan

Even though Bruins are 5-1, I say them because they have Hall and that means they automatically get a bump in chances.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Yea I kind of hope Chicago doesn't get him. I mean they just sucked their way into conte ton the first time drafting toewa Kane et all and then squandered those assets only to be back at square one. I'm a fan of teams that actually try to sustain success- it felt slimy when they moved Dach and DeBrincat in such a clear tank move. I hope they end up with the sixth pick and eff it up lol!

Wouldn't it be crazy of the Canucks got it!!

The coyotes are just building way too slow to ever do anything noteworthy. You need to hit outside of your 1st round and they rarely do. Losing a pick for circumventing the combine rules was Bush league too. I hope for Bedard sake he ends up in a real hockey market.

This will never happen but I'd lose my mind if NJ was in the mox!! Hughes to Bedard til the cows come home!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As long as the balls bounce to one of the six 1st rounders that I have this year, I couldn’t care less. It is way too early in the season, but as it sits right now I have the teams that sit with the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th best lottery odds. I try every day to give the 3rd and 5th worst team points with trades.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

I hope we (ANA) don't get him. We have plenty of talent offensively. We are softer than 10-ply and have zero physicality/defense and need to address that first.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    I hope we (ANA) don't get him. We have plenty of talent offensively. We are softer than 10-ply and have zero physicality/defense and need to address that first.
    That's not the proper way to deal with a rebuild lol.

"We don't want a prospect that's been toutted like the next Crosby because we're already talented on the offensive side"

I mean would I be mad? No not at all. It's been a long "rebuild" since 2018 though. Would he help? Undoubtedly! I just want to see us be a more physical team is all.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Genius

Man I would love the Canucks to get him and go full re build. As much as what I am going to say pains me but... trade Horvat hopefully for a pick and a decent D prospect. Trade Boeser for a pick or whatever you can get for him. Retain salary and trade Myers for some sort of asset and trade Garland for picks/assets. After that if you can some how get rid of Miller that would be great but I am not banking on it. Might just be sticking around as depth.

Going forward then dream scenario:

Center: Petterson, Bedard
    Wings: Miller, Podkolzin, Jonathan Lekkerimaki
    D: Hughes, (Insert trade Prospect)... This is how bad it is back here.
    G: Demko
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    I mean would I be mad? No not at all. It's been a long "rebuild" since 2018 though. Would he help? Undoubtedly! I just want to see us be a more physical team is all.
    I think it’s been proven that skill and speed win hockey games and grit and truculence make your team worse. Paging Marc Bergevin…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Man I would love the Canucks to get him and go full re build. As much as what I am going to say pains me but... trade Horvat hopefully for a pick and a decent D prospect. Trade Boeser for a pick or whatever you can get for him. Retain salary and trade Myers for some sort of asset and trade Garland for picks/assets. After that if you can some how get rid of Miller that would be great but I am not banking on it. Might just be sticking around as depth.

I kind of agree the young core Pettersen, Hughes, Demko, the young wingers, maybe rathbone, maybe Boeser are young enough you can build around them still.

Horvat is underrated imho but go ahead and flip him give him a fresh start somewhere else. Miller was an awful signing the day it happened. Pay someone to take OEL! I actually had high hopes for that one but yikes. I've got high hopes for Rathbone but outside of him and Hughes the D is suspect. I think any asset you move you're targeting picks or D upgrade.

Garland makes a tad too much probably but he's a great team guy and I feel like there's more offense in the tank- I think I'd keep him if the price is similar. Kuzmenko has looked so dangerous! It all depends- I usually count one or two shots that could/should have went in from him most games- if he starts producing it will happen fast! I'd try to keep him and Mikheyev but each is probably looking for a big payday and they might have to walk away. Mikheyev is versatile but you can only pay so much for that. I'm more partial to kuzmenko whose looking like a sog volume guy who would be a welcome addition with all the amazing on the Canucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

You don't like Garland?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I kind of agree the young core Pettersen, Hughes, Demko, the young wingers, maybe rathbone, maybe Boeser are young enough you can build around them still.

Horvat is underrated imho but go ahead and flip him give him a fresh start somewhere else. Miller was an awful signing the day it happened. Pay someone to take OEL! I actually had high hopes for that one but yikes. I've got high hopes for Rathbone but outside of him and Hughes the D is suspect. I think any asset you move you're targeting picks or D upgrade.

Garland makes a tad too much probably but he's a great team guy and I feel like there's more offense in the tank- I think I'd keep him if the price is similar. Kuzmenko has looked so dangerous! It all depends- I usually count one or two shots that could/should have went in from him most games- if he starts producing it will happen fast! I'd try to keep him and Mikheyev but each is probably looking for a big payday and they might have to walk away. Mikheyev is versatile but you can only pay so much for that. I'm more partial to kuzmenko whose looking like a sog volume guy who would be a welcome addition with all the amazing on the Canucks.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't like Garland?
    I do it's just this start has sobered me and opened my eye's. I think we need to rebuild and look at the 2-3 year window to get back to being competitive. So I would trade anyone that doesn't fit in that window.

My three untouchables are Demko, Petterson and Hughes. In two years Demko will be 28, almost turning 29. Which isn't old for a goalie. Petterson will be 26 and Hughes will be 25. That's your core. Anyone late 20's early 30's I would let go. Garland would be late 20's but at best he's a depth piece, so if the trades right I would get rid of him too. Kuzmenko is interesting, I too have really liked what I have seen but again in 2 years he will be 28/29. Might be worth keeping around over some of the others if he's willing to sign
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

There's going to be a lot of teams or fanbases in 3yrs, wondering why they were lying to themselves and didn't hit the rebuild button quicker.

Teams like Flyers, Penguins, Capitals, Preds, Jets, Blues, Devils and Vancouver are just the ones off the top of my head.