Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes - Draft Lottery May 8th

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes - Draft Lottery May 8th

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    1. Agreed an automatic pull would be best (although lead to complaints it was rigged by a machine?). If it was automatic it would also avoid your concerns over the 6 and 9 being too obvious. BUT if they keep the human pressing there is still delay between the guy saying "draw" and the guy hitting the button, and at one point he hits the button and nothing happens... (Seravalli references this in his article). This is the minor point to me, and given as I mentioned that he is looking straight ahead not a big deal.

2. There still needs to be a clear distinction between the 6 and 9 for me. Again a big bold underline makes things easy to read. I literally cannot tell how the final ball pulled was the "9" and not the "6" and he is holding it up to a camera to show it.
    I would say just remove the numbers 6 and 9 from the lottery lol.

But ya the system is pretty good right now. The only stuff you'd change would be knitpicky I think.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Could Ryan Leonard sneak into the top 5?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Could Ryan Leonard sneak into the top 5?
    I sure hope not! I am hoping he is the Flyers selection at 7
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PoolPartyPuljeejarvi View Post
    I used to scoff at the lottery being rigged and after this year you will never convince me its not. Not cause of the Weekes the thing. The differential in sales/marketting/advertising between anaheim Columbus and Chicago is immense. Two are fringe markets and one is an original six cash cow with fans all over the world- you tell me with a traifgt face that rat faced weasel bettman didn't put him where the money is.
    This is the reason I say it was not rigged. Put the generational star in a nontraditional market with the aim to grow the sport.
    Take a look at the Gretzky trade, California saw a boom in people playing/watching the sport, youth programs / development. The increased interest in hockey, has played a crucial role in the development of the NHL betting market. The trade opened the door for the NHL’s expansion into new markets and contributed to the sport’s increased popularity and participation across the country.

The short term revenue loss will not outweigh the long term growth a player of this caliber will influence.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    SOOOO you are saying you don't believe what Frank Seravelli is reporting and still think it's fake or fixed?
    Well tbh I'm not actually saying that.

I'm not even saying its one way or the other. I'm saying I certainly believe its fixed- which is an ipinion- and that absolutely itd be easy enough to fake. Severally could absolutely be reporting what he sees- it just doesn't mean a whole lot...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    Yup! A lot of people think it is preposterous to even think stuff is rigged. Look at the world the last few years and tell me its actually preposterous to not question things, especially something as trival as the NHL draft lottery (on the grander scheme of things). "The bigger the lie..."

Amyways, I digress...

If ANA ****s this up and doesn't take Fantilli...lol.
    This is my point 100%. The draft is one thing- its not really all that consequential in the grand scheme of things- but if you don't at least question what they're portraying in the media at large- you're not paying attention imho. They "fake" things constantly and in the grand scheme of things it would be mind numbing simple to fake a draft- even with a reporter in the room and even their you have to assume he's not in on it which is not necessarily a given.

Why would bettman do it? Well the 2 and a half million in season seat sales they made in Chicago might have something to do with it. Especially when you consider you can got to a game with free parking a free hot dog in anaheim for about 20 bucks at their low points. You could factor in the several million (billions?) In revenue from a local and global franchise that is exponentially larger than anaheims. This is real money and its a lot of it.

And the only thing standing between those billions of dollars funneling to the NHL and its affiliates or going somewhere else because a team like anaheim or Columbus doesn't have the same selling power is... Gary bettman.

Are you actually telling me that only grabbing weasel would even consider upholding something as banal as the legitimacy if the draft with millions of dollars at stake?

So I'm saying he's got the power to do it (easily) so if you want to be a cocktail eyed optimist and swear up and down he would uphold it- go for it! I just don't buy it though..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    This is the reason I say it was not rigged. Put the generational star in a nontraditional market with the aim to grow the sport.
    Take a look at the Gretzky trade, California saw a boom in people playing/watching the sport, youth programs / development. The increased interest in hockey, has played a crucial role in the development of the NHL betting market. The trade opened the door for the NHL’s expansion into new markets and contributed to the sport’s increased popularity and participation across the country.

The short term revenue loss will not outweigh the long term growth a player of this caliber will influence.
    Its an interesting take but at the end of the day its still sort of a gamble- not every example will go the way California did either. In fact id imagine they have sort of done the math on it and don't really expect a heck of a lot more growth in those areas regardless. Its difficult without knowing the exact data but the easy truth here is that in the short term insofar as the short term is still 20 years or so- they stand to benefit immensely in real tangible and measurable ways. A lawyer like bettman would have a lot of incentive to take the massive gains in the short term...

Dobber Sports Titan

If Bettman is rigging the draft to try and generate revenue that's something. But to go out of their way to try and keep the NHL stagnant in team values when all the other sports are skyrocketing in value to me just proves the NHL doesn't actually operate in a way to try and generate the most profits possible.

The NHL legit doesn't market players, expand viewing audience, have consistent rules to make the game make sense to new fans, speed the game up to keep interest high, modernize the rule monitoring system (challenges and camera angles), and they don't make it easy to watch the sport on TV or streaming. I doubt they are rigging a lottery to the point of making it look like they aren't when the other stuff isn't even touched for the reasons of profit.

If they are, they are ridiculously mismanaging their priorities
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm going to lock this thread.
    It's headed in a direction that's not healthy for the site.
    I'm starting to get angry about it myself.

The draft lottery is over, so we can start new threads if needed.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    It's so fun and easy to make accusations without any actual evidence! Anyone can do it in as little as 30 minutes! But wait! If you can act now, we'll throw in these stylish tin foil caps for free! That's right, FREE! Normally a 50 cent value they can be yours just for subscribing. Act now because supplies are unlimited but popularity changes!
    Is it? Cause I mean people like you are only tok happy to chime in how crazy and dumb it is. Its fitting you deferred to a sales pitch though cause what you're really saying is "shut up and buy". Only freaks and degenerates have the gall to question authority right? Its all good dude- I'm happy on my side of the line- and you seem comfortable over there.

I mean I might ask why its so offensive to question things though- its a little odd- i mean literally at every single point in history they've proven the working class were abused, lied to and manipulated by the elites but im sure were the exception right?

Lol...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm going to lock this thread.
    It's headed in a direction that's not healthy for the site.
    I'm starting to get angry about it myself.

The draft lottery is over, so we can start new threads if needed.
    Amen.