Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Boards

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The Boards

I've only had two seizures so far, so I'm good with the ads. Plus, I believe they are also responsible for my recent large purchases of Nike and Canadian Tire products (the subliminal messaging works magnificently on me).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

I definitely find the moving ads annoying and distracting. I'd be fine with them superimposing non-moving ads that only got swapped every commercial break or stoppage in play.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Star

It's not something I really notice. I do find it interesting watching old game footage where there is nothing on the boards. It definitely looks strange.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

I watch a lot less hockey these days and I think a huge part of it is the advertising. We are so bombarded with it now in all aspects of our lives. I still love hockey and I stat watch like crazy for my fantasy purposes, but watching the games is far less enjoyable with all the ads.

Side rant... even my f**king to do list and notepad apps on my phone are covered in ads. I can't tick a f**king item off my shopping list in the grocery store without a video ad popping up. Time to go back to pen and paper and maybe move to an off grid cabin in the middle of nowhere
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I watch a lot less hockey these days and I think a huge part of it is the advertising. We are so bombarded with it now in all aspects of our lives. I still love hockey and I stat watch like crazy for my fantasy purposes, but watching the games is far less enjoyable with all the ads.

Side rant... even my f**king to do list and notepad apps on my phone are covered in ads. I can't tick a f**king item off my shopping list in the grocery store without a video ad popping up. Time to go back to pen and paper and maybe move to an off grid cabin in the middle of nowhere
    "Just pay our $6.99 monthly fee and remove all ads!"

~ad brought to you by Omnicom

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    "Just pay our $6.99 monthly fee and remove all ads!"

~ad brought to you by Omnicom
    I recently rewarched Idiocracy and one of the things that stuck out to me even more this time was the omnipresent advertising. In 2006, it looked like a funny satirical comment. In 2022, it actually looks pretty close to the standard today
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

I can probably put up with the ones that change during the flow of the play that are not bold in color/text size .

the other night there was Heineken ad wrapped around the entire board surface that was extremely invasive

Dobber Sports Titan

They're missing the mark by not having a "goal" ad go up when a team scores. I get the ad contract probably limits that, and it's prolly too much for some people, but I think it would be cool to see a "GOOAALLL" thing go up in the teams colour regardless of home or away.

If anything it would be something they should explore during the "next gen" games.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I recently rewarched Idiocracy and one of the things that stuck out to me even more this time was the omnipresent advertising. In 2006, it looked like a funny satirical comment. In 2022, it actually looks pretty close to the standard today
    Imma watch that today thanks!!