Thread: Sergachev in a banger dynasty salary cap

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Sergachev in a banger dynasty salary cap

Hey guys, I have a chance to acquire Sergachev for pure futures and bring him in as my #3 D in a 24 team H2h NHL salary cap, cats league: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BLKS, SHTOI. I know the obvious; he's stuck behind Hedman for forever, and he's going to have that 8.5M cap hit starting next year. With that said, is he still quite valuable in a setup like this? Especially at 4.8M for the rest of the season? Or should I hold off for now?

My hope is that, with more ice time coming he has the tools to grow into a Weegar/Trouba/Nurse type of D in the short term. Or an I being too hopeful?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Sergachev in a banger dynasty salary cap

First it depends on the futures. You likely have bad cap elsewhere you can move around or off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerosen View Post
    My hope is that, with more ice time coming he has the tools to grow into a Weegar/Trouba/Nurse type of D in the short term. Or an I being too hopeful?
    I had to quote this, because everyone thinks or at one point thought he can become more than those guys are. If you asked anyone a few years back would you like to see Sergachev become the next Weegar, that'd be considered a sad result.

I think he can be a true #1D & #1PP guy, and none of those guys are that, I don't think. Weegar has a chance to shock me this year if he gets that role, and thrives, which would make me happy for him, and sad that the dynasty where I had him for a very long time folded this year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Sergachev in a banger dynasty salary cap

Sergachev for 4.8 is pretty significant value. However, Sergachev, stuck behind Hedman for very likely the next 3 years at 8.5 is questionable value. If you're in win now mode, then adding Sergachev for a reasonable price (the futures) is a solid move. However, losing valuable futures and being stuck with Sergavhev's big contract beyond this year could be a bit painful if this move doesn't win you a championship.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf