Poll: Ohtani or Judge

Thread: AL MVP

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default AL MVP

Great debate rages on. Who will win it this year? The article below outlines some of the amazing feats Ohtani has accomplished.

http://es.pn/3SHL6O4

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: AL MVP

For me, it is Ohtani. It's sort of a cheat code, but being one of the best pitchers and a very good hitter is worth more than being the best hitter. Ultimately, the main reasons for not giving it to Ohtani are because he won it last year and that because of his unique dual contribution, the question of MVP is extra stacked in his favor. But the way I see it, Judge or anyone else is perfectly capable of taking the mound and trying to pitch 166 IP with a 2.33 ERA. If they can't do it, then it is their fault, not Ohtani's fault. People who cover sports want to be able to write or say different things; this leads to Karl Malone or Charles Barkley being named MVP when Michael Jordan was clearly the MVP. We all know it is Ohtani. But in the interest of something different, people go toward a different choice to have a new story.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Semantics... marketing... the prestige of being the single season home run leader for the Yankees - they will give it to Judge.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

This is an odd one.
    Best Player = Ohtani
    Best Season = Ohtani
    Best Team = Judge
    Most valuable to their success = ...Judge to me.

When Judge struggled, the team became a 500 team. I want Ohtani as I think his stuff is more impressive and as Judge had a season that no one has come close to in decades, Ohtani is literally doing stuff no one has. But it's too easy for Ohtani to just keep getting it, so there's that angle too (the McDavid MVP problem)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Judge because of NY. Ohtani is a game changer on both sides of the stats. I hope he wins it but it will be Judge.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Judge because of NY. Ohtani is a game changer on both sides of the stats. I hope he wins it but it will be Judge.
    I'm sure it will be Judge...but it should be Ohtani every year.

I saw someone tweet that if they swapped teams and if the Angels were the playoffs team, it would still definitely be Ohtani.