Thread: Gaudreau offered for 1st overall pick ?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gaudreau offered for 1st overall pick ?

Hey Guys just offered Gaudreau for my 1st overall pick.

offer was

Gaudreau
    3rd rnd 2022
    6th Rnd 2023

for
    1st - 2022
    3rd. - 2023

is this a great deal or be wary ?
    Best forward in draft is Mier / Buchnevich
    best D is Dahlin / Werenski

great deal or pass ?
    12 Team Keeper League, 16 Player Roster, keep 6
    H2H matchups Weekly : 6 forwards , 3 Defense, 1 Goaltender

G (1), A (1), PPP ( 1 ) GWG (.5) SHP ( .5)
    W(2) SO (1) , OTL (1) SV ( .1 ). GA. ( -1 )

F: Eichel, Panarin, Boldy, Meier , R.Thomas, Necas, Konecny, Batherson, Strome

D: Dahlin , Heiskanen, Karlsson, Durzi , Addison
    G: Oettinger, Jarry

2023 picks 1, 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 , 9

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Gaudreau offered for 1st overall pick ?

So first question, is this for the league in your signature?

Second question, if the answer to question one is yes, does this mean you have to remove one of your current keepers to keep Gaudreau or have your keepers already been submitted? I am going to assume the answer to this is also yes and you will have to use a keeper spot for Gaudreau. Another assumption, the owner trying to move Gaudreau has too many keepers and is looking to move a good one for a draft pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So first question, is this for the league in your signature?

Second question, if the answer to question one is yes, does this mean you have to remove one of your current keepers to keep Gaudreau or have your keepers already been submitted? I am going to assume the answer to this is also yes and you will have to use a keeper spot for Gaudreau. Another assumption, the owner trying to move Gaudreau has too many keepers and is looking to move a good one for a draft pick.

good questions

yes to the league in signature

we did already set keepers

so I would need to drop a player , or send a player.

owner does have 6 keepers , so he can either be short , or take a player back.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Crosbysucks View Post
    good questions

yes to the league in signature

we did already set keepers

so I would need to drop a player , or send a player.

owner does have 6 keepers , so he can either be short , or take a player back.
    So the full deal is:

[loss of Raymond] - he is your 6th keeper in my view
    1st overall pick - [loss of] T. Meier (or Dahlin) - top draft pick in my view, I take Meier.
    3rd round in 2022
    6th round in 2023

Add:
    Gaudreau

Given your league is essentially points only Meier loses a lot of value. I would try and remove the 3rd round pick and then I would do the deal. If the 3rd stays I think he is asking slightly too much.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't say it's a "great deal" by any means. I dont expect 100 points from Gaudreau in CBJ this year. Closer to 80ish for me is what I am projecting. That being said, I do think Gaudreau is still an upgrade to Raymond as far as your keepers go. The question comes down to is Raymond and Meier worth Gaudreau because that's what it really boils down to for me. I dont think it is.

I'd pass and keep your 1st round pick and go with Timo Meier. He could end up putting up as many points as Gaudreau for all we know. The other GM is selling high off Gaudreau's big year last year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a "great deal" by any means. I dont expect 100 points from Gaudreau in CBJ this year. Closer to 80ish for me is what I am projecting. That being said, I do think Gaudreau is still an upgrade to Raymond as far as your keepers go. The question comes down to is Raymond and Meier worth Gaudreau because that's what it really boils down to for me. I dont think it is.

I'd pass and keep your 1st round pick and go with Timo Meier. He could end up putting up as many points as Gaudreau for all we know. The other GM is selling high off Gaudreau's big year last year.

So checked with Commissioner of league , and I would be good to take Gaudreau and not drop any of my keepers.
    Essentially only adding a 7th player before draft starts tonight as this would be considered a “ in season trade “ after keepers were set.

my original plan was actually to take Dahlin and upgrade my defense for the year given that we start 3 Dmen it seemed like great advice from a few other forum posters on another thread .

so basically Add Gaudreau , drop my 1st overall down to a 3rd would be the cost …. And a 3 Rnd drop next year.

Good deal or pass it ??

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So checked with Commissioner of league , and I would be good to take Gaudreau and not drop any of my keepers.
    Essentially only adding a 7th player before draft starts tonight as this would be considered a “ in season trade “ after keepers were set.

my original plan was actually to take Dahlin and upgrade my defense for the year given that we start 3 Dmen it seemed like great advice from a few other forum posters on another thread .

so basically Add Gaudreau , drop my 1st overall down to a 3rd would be the cost …. And a 3 Rnd drop next year.

Good deal or pass it ??
    Given that ruling, I make the deal and do so gladly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good deal or pass it ??
    Yup, that changes everything. Do the deal!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Legend

Yes, I would make the trade.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Reading along this thread and then got to the ruling. I would make the trade. I don't see Gaudreau reaching 100 points and in Yahoo they have him almost around McDavid status which is crazy in my opinion(somewhere in the 40 goals and 70 assists area)INSANE. That isn't going to happen, but I can easily see him putting up 80-85 points. I still think this is a good deal for you.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Without having to drop one of your current keepers, I think it's a steal. Make the trade.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice getting back to me , Unfortunately with a flurry of activity right before the draft I decided to hold on the pick move. ( also didn’t catch responses in time , as draft was at 7:00 )

I did end up taking Dahlin, Heiskanen, Mier then Keller with my first 4 picks and feel good about that.