Thread: Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Kotkaniemi is only 22 and might be ready to show his full potential. It looks like he will be centering Necas and Svechnikov on the 2nd line. Is the year he fully breaks out? 40 point season or better?

Whats your read on this guy?
    12 Team Dynasty League - ESPN Points league / Weekly Head to Head

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Jesperi Kotkaniemi

No, Kotkaniemi will end up again on the fourth line. Doesn’t skate well. Not solid on his skates. Not the biggest worker.

A ton of pressure with his big contract. Shooting and passing just average.

For me, for a third overall pick, he will be a bust. Maybe 30 or 40 points at his best if he could stay on the third line.

No way I want this player in a hockey pool even if he is still young. I’m a Habs fan and he got zero progression in his game since his rookie year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im not sold on Kotkaniemi myself but Carolina will give him every opportunity to succeed. What he does with the opportunity will be up to him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah of course, they will give him opportunities. They did it last year too at the beginning of the season.

But for all the reasons I said, I just don’t believe in him. He is average to bad in shooting, passing, skating, working.

He is not very good in anything.

The Great One

I think the Stastny signing shows the team is not sure he's ready for prime time. I feel more and more like this guy won't ever connect the dots.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

I like Kotkaniemi to breakout a bit this season. He's still so very young and the raw talent is there. He just needs to stay healthy and 40-50 points is most definitely doable if he can hold down that 2nd C spot, see a bump his avg TOI up from 13-14 mins to 15-16 mins and maintain his 2 mins of PPTOI.

A good young player to own in multi-cat leagues either way.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko