Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raise your hand (be honest) if...

The Great One

Default Re: Raise your hand (be honest) if...

Quote Originally Posted by The Biscuit View Post
    I always thought of Hartman as a Winger until recently, but because of the Wilds team makeup he is now the teams #1 Center and that is going forward I suppose. Not sure how much longer he will have the Winger eligibility, but I guess for now it can still be there. I did know that GM's could recommend changes like that. I thought those sorts of changes were done by the formats like Yahoo, ESPN or Fantrax.
    They are but they realize they have a lot of cats to herd. If you contact customer support (can’t speak to ESPN) with an input, if it’s reasonable, they will respond. I messaged Yahoo early on because Tom Wilson was in NA status and not IR eligible. They replied within a couple of hours and changed him to IR status - which is where he should be. I also messaged FanTrax a few days ago about Scott Laughton only having C status when he is mostly playing left wing. They added LW status to him. I think if you ask about a particular player they probably check some of the more mainstream hockey sources to see if your request makes sense. If he is listed most everywhere as what you are asking for, they’ll make the change. Customer support at Fantrax also said they are planning a thorough position eligibility review before the start of the season and they already had noted Laughton as needing LW eligibility. But expect updates on Fantrax one more time.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

ESPN has him listed as C,RW.
    Not sure if that helps
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    ESPN has him listed as C,RW.
    Not sure if that helps
    It does not help the OP i can tell you that much...im sure he gets more pissed with every post here as his actions towards VV are not justified. Even if everybody said he is C its still wouldn't be justified on how VV was treated as a simple no to request would have been ok and sure VV would understand that. But it wasn't simple no, without getting into details it was disrespectful and it wasn't first time.

WHL is an amazing league when it comes to set up , to pushing you to your best to succeed, competing against best of the best. P7 invented some rules that nobody else ever uses and they work, they make things click and run smooth. He is quite amazing at this job, but to be a great overall Commish , in my eyes, you need to be a good human too...

Nothing was done to me personally in that league, but i left cause of Commish conducts against fellow GM. I never knew VV before i joined and i have no association with him whatsoever but i believe in standing for what you believe is right...so i left as well.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Restating what Steve said
    "I've always thought of Hartman as a winger, and it's pretty clear looking at his usage throughout his career that that is predominantly how he has been used but an obvious transition took place in February 2021, where he jumps up to taking 10+ faceoffs a game, which continued into last season. Lineup data confirms his transition to center with his most common linemates being Kirill Kaprizov, Mats Zuccarello, Jordan Greenway, Marcus Foligno and Kevin Fiala. Those guys account for over 2/3rds of his shifts, and none of them are thought of as anything but wingers and do not take faceoffs."

From the above I'd say he is now a Centre until shown otherwise. The guy may have gotten him as a RW, but things change. Tough break.

If it's shown during these exhibition games him playing Wing, there can be a case.

Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Icon

2 lines of questions about this topic:

1) Are face offs a category? If so, make it so you can only get face off wins from your centers. If not, who cares if Hartman is a RW or a C. It's not like an NHL team can get double the faceoff wins by having 2 centers on the same line so why should a fantasy team be able to.

2) What positions are Leon Draisaitl and Connor McDavid? My guess is they are both C which makes no sense since they played with each other about 1/3 of the time.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    2 lines of questions about this topic:

1) Are face offs a category? If so, make it so you can only get face off wins from your centers. If not, who cares if Hartman is a RW or a C. It's not like an NHL team can get double the faceoff wins by having 2 centers on the same line so why should a fantasy team be able to.

2) What positions are Leon Draisaitl and Connor McDavid? My guess is they are both C which makes no sense since they played with each other about 1/3 of the time.
    player has to be in the C position to receive faceoff stats and both mcdaddy and drai are centers in the whl .

I found it interesting that drai took aprox 500 more faceoffs than mcdaddy while looking this up . aprox 1500 to 1000

Dobber Sports Sage

FYI... Hartman (C,RW by default in Fantrax) is playing 3rd line RW tonight.

Screenshot_20221027-202823_Chrome.jpg

All I can say is... you get what you give and I give to you what is yours.

The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko