Thread: Which 2F and 2D

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Which 2F and 2D

Hey guys, hope everyone had a good summer. first question of the year. I'm sure most of these guys will be available for my 1st round pick 13th overall Should be picking in a few hours around 1:30 - 2:00 central time Hoping to get a few quick replies to help me decide as they are all good Which 2 would you want, points only, G-1 A-1

JT Miller Connor Barkov Tkachuk Rantanen Aho

EDIT: Our draft has come to a grinding halt. So I still have lots of time to decide. I thought KUCHEROV would be long gone so didn't list him as a possible pick. But he is still available. There is a very interesting post about him with lots of replies on the 1st page. Would anyone take KUCH over any of the 6 F listed above.

And which 2 D from this group, again, G-1 A-1
    Toews TonyD Dahlin Werenski Heiskanen Chabot Dobson Seider

Thanks guys Always appreciate your input and help Will Rep who I can
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Which 2F and 2D

All very close, but in a pinch I'd lean this way;

Barkov & Rantanen

Toews & Chabot

Good luck!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks very much saucelife90. These will be my most important picks of the year. Really appreciate your helping. Sorry not able to rep you at this time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree, Rantanen would be my 1st choice at F followed by Barkov.

At D I differ , Seider would be my 1st choice followed by Dahlin.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

yes, forward I would go with Barkov and Rantanen and hope they both play a full compliment of games and not miss there usual 5-10 games.

as for D - this is a lot harder for me....

My Gut says:

Heiskanen - he is out of the Bowness style of play and Klingberg is gone... I think he becomes a good point producer this year.
    Chabot - Ottawa got better and are getting more experience... I expect Ottawa to score a solid 40-60 more times this year. If Chabot assists on a 1/6 of them that's 10 more points for him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with everyone that F is easy, it's Barkov and Rantanen.

For D, it's much tougher as everyone will have differing opinions on which D might get the best deployment. All these Ds are very close for me (outside DeAngelo who I'd consider a tier below). It comes down to personal preference and if this is a keeper league, I might go with the two youngest in Dobson and Seider. If it's not a keeper league, I'd probably lean towards Werenski and Toews.

Dobber Sports Ace

Rantanen
    Barkov

Dahlin
    Chabot

Dobber Sports Padawan

Our Draft has come to a grinding halt. Guess that to be expected when guy with 3rd pick forgets it's draft day goes to his cabin and doesn't have internet or cell service up there. A second guy is working out in the bush with no internet or cell. A third guy is in hospital with no internet depending on a friend to help him out and that's not working so good. Ya eh. Anyway, it will still be tonight sometime or maybe morning before I have to make my pick.
    SO, SURE WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE FEEDBACK ON THIS. Thanks guys.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Connor/Rantanen

Werenski/Dahlin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks very much guys, really appreciate your help. Went with Chabot at D and Barkov at F....Rantanen went b4 him.