Thread: Who to steal?

The Great One

Default Who to steal?

Sorry to done up messages I rarely do that (in 15 years lol) but jeller isn't even available and when the dust settled there were some striking names. Fiala might still be the front runner is this is a song and goal heavy league...

Point
    Fiala
    Bowser
    Reinhart
    Sergachev
    Nurse
    S Jones
    Hart
    Murray

I need d more than anything so setgachev is very onterwsting- i think nurse aged over his head last year. That being said I could also use a goalie and I'm a strong believer Murray wi be "the guy" in TO and he's actually from my hometown of thunder bay lol! Lastly points got elite potential from year to year and Bowser might be a core guy someday as well. Thoughts???

The Great One

Default Re: Who to steal?

Call me crazy but I'm starting to talk myself into Murray lol! My goalies have potential but not set in stone- Petwrs3n Swayman and Cossa and a Murray pick could have sky high returns. He could be as valuable as vasy/shesterkin if not the tier just below that. Samsonite had some strong showings but had a lot of consistency issues. If Murray gets 60 or so starts he's a behemoth IMHO!!

The Great One

My thought Process:

Im going to limnit to the following four unless I hear a staggering argument for a different option: Point, Fiala, Sergachev, Murray. That being said I should clarify a few quirks about the league. Trading is EXTREMELY tricky if you even get that option as many managers wont even respond- so grabbing the BPOA with the idea that you can trade isnt as feasible as it sounds- theres a definitew risk factor to a play like that. Also this is likely the last year we do a steal round and absolutely the lasst year we have so few protects nso I wont have an opportunity to add a guaranbteed "vcore player" like this for a long time via the steal option.

Point/Fiala- I think thesde are the two best players at each position. Points likely has the higher points potential but I wonder if weve seen his peak years already when he was playing almost exclusively with Kucherov. Also I didnt mention inh this post that the scoring favors sogs and goal scoring so Fiala likely has an edge there as well as Centers generally being easier to replace. In the case of either i think Im taking the BPA which is always sound logic but as I stated above I dont thinkiong flipping them to fill a hole elsewhere is a viable play.

Sergachev- Obviously I dont think hes in the same tier as those two forwards at this point but I think of Serg as an investment. Hes decent enough right now at 40ish points with solid poeripherals (NO bonus for hits) but hes still got long term upside if he can secure more pp time down the line as they eventually phase out Hedman or he is moved. Keep in miond I wont be competing for two to three seasons and my D is extremely thin with Secerson as my top active guy and B Clarke, Lundqvist and Rathbone hopefully set up as my guys of the future.

Murray- My goalies are not secure by any means owning Swayman, Petersen and Cossa (who might not be anything or couyld literally take 7-8 years if he does- lol!). I feel like Murray is the biggest risk but also the biggest hom,erun poitential. If he secures the main starter gig on TO I think hes a top 5 option for the next two years. I know trading is tough in this league but moving a goaltender seems like the best way to get someones attention so if he pans out I couyld look at potentially moving petersen or Swayman for a pretty decent return. Hes also younger than he seems at 28 which would give him several solid years left although only two are fairly securely in TO.

Thats my thought process. I feel like I wont getr a chance to gamble at a toip 5 at any position again and goalier is both a weakness on my roster and a position of scarcity (we start 2 each in an 18 team league). Even at 40 or so starts i THINK HED HAVE SOME VALUE AT LEAST As a flippable asset at the deadline. The upside is a franchise guy. Thoughts??????????????

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Point would be your best option here for sure. I don't have faith in Murray myself. But I agree you need to do something about your goaltending
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Point, Fiala and Sergachev.

Is Hart and Murray your only options? I'm not confident in Murray re-discovering his "prime" years and even if he does, I'm not confident in his ability to stay healthy.
    SalaryKeeper ROTO-Add/Drops/Trades require IRL $
    12 Teams - 32 Player Roster -20 Active - Min 5D to Max 7D - Min 11F to Max 13F
    16 Keepers (G=2 Keeper spots)
    83.5M Weekly AAV - Bench does not count towards salary cap

F/D: G, A, PPA, PPG, +/-, Hits, BLKS, Shifts (0.5), TOI (0.5), PEN
    G: GAA, Saves, SPCT, TOI, Wins, SO, OTL (0.5)

Roster
    F: MacKinnon, JT Miller, Kaprizov,
    E.Kane, Caufield, Eichel, Batherson, Malkin, Dach
    Kempe, Greig, Tolvanen, Zary, P.Kane, Foegele, Dowd

D: Theodore, Chychrun, Drysdale, McAvoy, Matheson, Okhotiuk, M. Roy, Fehervary, Perbix, Martinez, M. Anderson

G: Thompson, Vanecek, UPL, Lyon, Binnington

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It's Fiala or Point for me, and because of positions I'll take the winger in Fiala. I'd consider Reinhart, but Huberdeau assisted on 29 out of 31 of his PPP's last season. So we might see a bit of regression there. I strongly believe Samsonov is taking that job, Murray has no glove hand. So, I'm in the hellllll no category for Murray.

So, it was Fiala for me in the other thread, and still is.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

The Great One

I took fiala and after doing some more research I'm actually a little bit intrigued about samsonov long term. I made a pitch and the counter was untenable necas and ny 1st next year (should be a lottery pick). I countered with necas and a 2nd which is still too much imo but you need to pay a premium for tenders in this league and the upside IMHO is top3-5 in the league...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Call me crazy but I'm starting to talk myself into Murray lol! My goalies have potential but not set in stone- Petwrs3n Swayman and Cossa and a Murray pick could have sky high returns. He could be as valuable as vasy/shesterkin if not the tier just below that. Samsonite had some strong showings but had a lot of consistency issues. If Murray gets 60 or so starts he's a behemoth IMHO!!
    You're completely crazy - look at the hair! Matt Murray is overrated, injury prone, and hasn't been good lately.

Fiala. I thought I replied to this before, but it's still Fiala.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.