Thread: Last Keeper - Kuznetsov or Pavelski?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Last Keeper - Kuznetsov or Pavelski?

Trying to choose my last keeper in a limited keeper, taking these categories into account, who would you choose?

League settings -
    G, A, PPP, SOG, FWs, HIT, BLK

Kuznetsov - Younger, Backstrom out so should spend most of the season centering Ovie, ranked 50th in our league setup last year

Pavelski - Ageless wonder, provides FWs from the wing and stronger Hits/Blocks, was ranked 26th in our league setup last year

Only other consideration is I'm already keeping 3 pure Cs in Bergeron/Mackinnon/Lindholm (who will hopefully get his wing designation back), and we start 4 at each position

Thanks in advance for any help
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Last Keeper - Kuznetsov or Pavelski?

I worry about Bergeron points wise if he goes forward without Pasta and 20+ games until Marchand returns. That may put the onus on taking the better scoring guy and Kuzy will be tied to Ovi both 5 on 5 and on the PP.
    Fantrax 12 team keeper league (keep 2 forwards, 1 defenseman, 1 goalie)
    Roto league - Pts F, Pts D, Goals; +/-, PIMS, PP goals, SHG, GWG, Wins, Shutouts, SV %
    F: McDavid, Point, Svechnikov, E.Kane, JT Miller, Fiala, Landeskog, Thomas, Toffoli, Verhaeghe, Bertuzzi, Kopitar
    D: Makar, Theodore, Toews, Hamilton, Nurse, Hanifin
    G: Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Fleury

The Great One

I don’t know that Id be keeping Bergeron. To answer your questions Kuznetsov would be my choice.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Most definitely keep Kuzy.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for the input guys. Repped where I could. I was leaning Pavs but now you've got me flipped back to Kuzy. Good thing keeper deadline isn't until midnight haha.

As far as Bergy goes, I feel like many are far too low on him this year. He's a play driver and will elevate anyone who plays on his wing (not to Marchand level of course) so I think he will be just fine. He likely gets PP time with Pasta too. Plus he's an absolutely beast with FWs, shoots a lot for a pure C and delivers almost a hit per game. He was the 12th ranked skater in this league last year. Plus I'm a Bruins fan so all that adds up to me keeping him for sure.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was going to suggest dropping Bergeron, but you laid out why he's a keeper. I think I'd keep Kuznetsov, and plan to draft wing heavy.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.