Thread: Mario Ferraro

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mario Ferraro

This young Defense from San Jose is slated to be on the top line. Is he worth a roster spot for depth in a H2H league that emphasizes Defense players and starts 5 each day.

My current Defense is: Seider, Dobson, Morrissey, Skjei, K. Miller, Middleton, & Cernak.

Scoring is 3 for Goals, 2 for Assists, PPP 1.5, SHG 2, SHA 1.5, SOG .1, Hits .1. Blks .3, the only difference is that a Defensive player adds .5 to all the categories other than the Hits and Blocks. So a player like Cernak who gets a lot of hits, but really not much else really doesn't help with the addition. The question is the upside on the young Ferraro someone to add over Cernak?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Mario Ferraro

Ferraro and Cernak fall in the same general bucket of defenseman who get you hits and blocks but don't score. If Cernak isn't helpful, Ferraro will also not be helpful.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Ferraro and Cernak fall in the same general bucket of defenseman who get you hits and blocks but don't score. If Cernak isn't helpful, Ferraro will also not be helpful.
    Agree with this take.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you are both correct. I might as well just stick with Cernak and use him if I need some Hits and Blocks in a certain match up. At least he is listed as a top 2 line Defense.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Ace

I would even argue that Cernak stands to benefit alot more from an injury than Ferraro but otherwise agree that you're better off just hanging on to what you have.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I would even argue that Cernak stands to benefit alot more from an injury than Ferraro but otherwise agree that you're better off just hanging on to what you have.
    I actually scoped the WW and am thinking about trying to get Adam Boqvist and Scott Perunovich and drop Cernak and Middleton of the Wild. I think both of these young D-Men would be much better than the two I have if I can get them.