Thread: Keepers - 4th Overall

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Keepers - 4th Overall

14 team keeper league. H2H-Categories and can only keep guys born in 1991 or later.

G/A/P/+-/PIM/PPP/SHP/GWG/SH
    GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

OPEN PICK (4TH OVERALL)
    OPEN PICK (ROUND 2)
    C,W Tim Stuetzle (Round 2) 2002
    W Andrei Svechnikov (Round 3) 2000
    OPEN PICK (ROUND 4)
    OPEN PICK (ROUND 5)
    W Timo Meier (Round 5) 1996
    OPEN PICK (ROUND 6)
    D Evan Bouchard (Round 8) 1999
    C Josh Norris (Round 9) 1999
    C,W Alex Newhook (Round 10) 2001
    OPEN PICK (ROUND 12)
    OPEN PICK (ROUND 13)
    G Stuart Skinner (Round 14) 1998
    C,W Dawson Mercer (Round 15) 2001
    D Jake Sanderson (Round 16) 2002
    D Moritz Seider (Round 17) 2001
    C,W Leon Draisaitl (Round 18) 1995
    W Anthony Mantha (Round 19) 1994
    G Jordan Binnington (Round 20) 1993

Also have Farabee, Dach and Heinola but gonna drop them. Good idea? Should I not be keeping some?

Stamkos, Crosby, P.Kane, Ovechkin, Josi, Markstrom, Bobrovsky and F.Andersen seem to be the top guys to draft and I’ve got the 4th overall pick, who should I be considering?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keepers - 4th Overall

What round would Farabee cost you?

I feel you need a goalie, but I'd take one of Stamkos, Ovechkin or Josi in round 1, unless there's only 1 goalie left at pick 4.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Farabee was kept in the 12th round. Just worry coming off neck surgery, missing training camp, poor team with injury issues already plus Torts is a lot to overcome. Good player but feel I could get someone with more upside.

Hate taking goalies with my top picks but I have a top pick in the 2nd round, as I traded for a second one last year, and a lot of guys have keepers in the first two rounds so maybe I’ll look at a goalie but feel like a top winger and D is the best play in the first two rounds. Then try to snag a goalie like Kuemper, Fleury or even Talbot or Francouz.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My top pick for you would be Josi. The problem here is in Round #2 those 3 Goalies you listed in a 14 team league are most likely going to be gone. That will leave you really needing to stretch to make your 2nd Round selection be a Goalie. I would like to know what other Goalies other than the top 3 listed are available that you might be able to select in Round 2 and see if it is even worth selecting one there or possibly even gambling and waiting till Round 4 to pick one up and then picking your 2nd in Round 5?

The Great One

I want to say Ovi, but the safer pick is Josi
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Caps Crazy View Post
    My top pick for you would be Josi. The problem here is in Round #2 those 3 Goalies you listed in a 14 team league are most likely going to be gone. That will leave you really needing to stretch to make your 2nd Round selection be a Goalie. I would like to know what other Goalies other than the top 3 listed are available that you might be able to select in Round 2 and see if it is even worth selecting one there or possibly even gambling and waiting till Round 4 to pick one up and then picking your 2nd in Round 5?
    Goalies available will be Markstrom, F.Andersen, Bobrovsky, Fleury, Kuemper, Murray, Francouz, Talbot, Quick, and Varlamov. There may be a couple other options depending on who guys keep and keep in mind, some guys in this draft have their first two picks used on keepers.

Hoping I can grab Stamkos, Ovechkin or Josi with my top pick, then another top F or D in the 2nd round like Crosby, Kane, Letang or Carlson.