Thread: What player to target?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default What player to target?

Hello! I am in a keeper league with the following settings:

15-teams salary keeper league (68.250.000$)
    Points only (1pts for Goals and Assists for forwards. 1.25pts for Goals and Assists for defensemens. 2pts for goalie win, 4 pts for shutout)

minimum 4 defs, 1 goalie
    10 forwards on play, 4 defs on play, 1 goalie on play.

Forwards: Tarasenko, W. Nylander, Reinhart, Ehlers, Vrana, Granlund, Bennett, Kapanen, Hintz, Holtz, Kalyev, Rossi.
    Defenses: Makar, L. Hughes, Seider, Drysdale, Skjei, Valimaki.
    Goalies: Petersen.

we drop 5 pick 5 and mine should be: Elhers, Vrana, Granlund, Kapanen and Skjei for a total of
    18 735 967 $ for the next draft. I have pick 1st, 9th, 11th 18th and 48th over 75th picks. Logicly I would have kept Elhers and drop Valimaki but I need that sweet cap space.

In my situation, and with these players available, who would you focus? I already have ideas for my 1st and someone that might cost a lot, like 7m+, so I'm looking mainly at cheap players that will either play and have an impact or will do soon. The whole 2022 draft is available and those players as well:

Tage Thompson
    Owen Power
    Calen Addison
    Simon edvinsson
    Brandt Clarke
    Simon Nemec
    Justin Barron
    Jordan Spence
    Evander Kane
    Boone Jenner
    Kent Johnson
    Jack Quinn
    JJ Peterka
    Both Colorado goalies
    Yegor Chinakhov
    Frederick Gaudreau
    Ross Colton

So cheap contracts on good players.

I think I would be looking at a D early on but considering a lot of them are gonna be gone by the 9th place, anything interesting I might be able to get my hands on?
    I would really like Johnson but I think he's gone by then, and I would look at one of Edvinsson, Addison, Clarke probably. Wright might slip to me as well as any 2022 picks, and I have eyes on Cooley, but Arizona is not attracting at all.

thanks
    !

edit: formating and clarifying, I am not picking one of these player with my 1st, I'm getting someone else entirely, this is for 9 and 11 picks.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: What player to target?

Hey bumping this up since its going to the third page

The Great One

Cheap and possible near term impact? I'd bank on Addison. No real impediment to him running PP1, and the Kulikov trade seemed to pave the way for him to make the team.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

I think your defense looks set, I don't think your goaltending does. It may not be what you want but I think the Colorado goalie is what you need. I guess that's Georgiev if you're not planning on both? If you want to roll the dice and add a skater I would go for the guy with the highest value short term. I guess that has to be Addison but I think any one of Thompson, Quinn, Spence could surprise if you're into rolling dice.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Owen Power is someone I'd target as well as the Two Colorado Goalies. Jack Quinn would also be someone to keep an eye on.