Thread: Keith Yandle Retires

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Keith Yandle Retires

Keith Yandle Retires after 16yrs

1109 games, 103g, 516a, 619pts. 989 consecutive games, 3x All Star.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Keith Yandle Retires

He's one of the first guys I remember being really hyped on these boards.

SONKKKK

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I for one am glad he decided to retire. He had such a fantastic career and to see last year what it had turned into was pretty sad. I am glad he has made the right decision to hang up the skates. A great Defensemen with tremendous durability.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Caps Crazy View Post
    I for one am glad he decided to retire. He had such a fantastic career and to see last year what it had turned into was pretty sad. I am glad he has made the right decision to hang up the skates. A great Defensemen with tremendous durability.
    Did he decide or did his atrocious play last season serve as the decision for him? It was a sad ending to what was otherwise a solid career even aside from the streak.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

sadly, one year too many but a great career nonetheless

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuM View Post
    sadly, one year too many but a great career nonetheless
    From a player's perspective, better one year too many than one year too few. Nothing worse than thinking you could have played another year or two at a high level and then having regret for not giving it a shot. The final year will fade in people's memories and the numbers will shine through. Gretzky was not the Great One in his final year, but that didn't tarnish his legacy to me (and hopefully everyone else!).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Did he decide or did his atrocious play last season serve as the decision for him? It was a sad ending to what was otherwise a solid career even aside from the streak.
    He should've been benched in Florida, honestly he was that bad. Luckily the worst GM in the league (and serious candidate for worst in league history) signed him to be brutal. Flyers fans won't forget him,even though we'd like to.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.