Default PK Subban Retires

PK Retires after 13 years.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: PK Subban Retires

Wow didn't see that coming. Really thought he'd catch on somewhere as a depth piece going for a cup.

In hindsight though, I can totally see PK just deciding to pursue a different path in his life. Multi-talented guy and I personally loved the personality he brought to the game (on top of his charitable activities).
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Expert

Only played one season as a Hamilton Bulldog but it was a great one. Glad I got to see so much of him when we were both younger men.

He'll have a career as a NHL media personality in the very near future if he doesn't have something lined up already.

Dobber Sports Deity

I've heard he's already got a TV deal lined up. Something similar to what the Manning Brothers are doing with the NFL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Guy can def make money off the ice, live a more relaxed life, less painful, and still be close to the game where he can still somewhat scratch that itch.

Guys had an offseason chilling (looking at his insta), he'll have plenty of fun off the ice to stay "with it" during retirement.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Only played one season as a Hamilton Bulldog but it was a great one. Glad I got to see so much of him when we were both younger men.

He'll have a career as a NHL media personality in the very near future if he doesn't have something lined up already.
    I remember that year as well. He had a great career and was truly a one of a kind player.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I thought he would play at least 1 more year, but we all know he will be in front of the camera talking up the NHL and making a good living at that for many years to come. PK is set up well for the future.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Caps Crazy View Post
    I thought he would play at least 1 more year, but we all know he will be in front of the camera talking up the NHL and making a good living at that for many years to come. PK is set up well for the future.
    Chances are, he'd rather be playing too, but I'm going to assume either the offers weren't there or weren't what he was looking for.

Hard to say.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Chances are, he'd rather be playing too, but I'm going to assume either the offers weren't there or weren't what he was looking for.

Hard to say.
    I'm sure he would be. At least he has that fall back with the TV stuff.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've heard he's already got a TV deal lined up. Something similar to what the Manning Brothers are doing with the NFL.
    Yup. They talked about this on 32 Thoughts Podcast. He's diving right into media.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Yup. They talked about this on 32 Thoughts Podcast. He's diving right into media.
    I couldn't remember where I heard it. I listen to too many podcasts lol

The Great One

I'll say it - hugely overrated. You have to go back to 1967 to find another former Norris Trophy winner who, as a player, both had a lower career best scoring season and didn't win a Stanley Cup. That having been said, he will be a superb face of the game for years to come.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

I remember watching PK at the World Juniors where he was so electric. I grabbed him in a dynasty league immediately thinking he couldn't miss. He didn't. Just a treasure to behold in fantasy leagues at a time when the league was in a trough for scoring and was reinventing the offensive defenseman.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's at worst the second best defenseman to retire today. Probably behind Chara, who is a different kind of beast.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.