Thread: Goalie Tandems...??

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Goalie Tandems...??

Who do you expect to be the goalie tandems for each of the following teams this season?

Vegas
    Detroit
    San Jose
    New Jersey

Cheers!
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

The Great One

Default Re: Goalie Tandems...??

Hill, Thompson, Brossoit = Vegas
    Husso, Nedeljkovic = Detroit
    Kahkonen, Reimer = San Jose
    Vanecek, Blackwood = NJ

My take is of these, only Vanecek becomes a true starter. Blackwood is terrible. That being said, if KK shows he's the real deal, San Jose might emphasize him more as the season goes on. Some might think Husso in Detroit, but he played pretty poorly once he became "the guy" in St. Louis last season, plus Neds is playing for a UFA contract and the last time he was written off he played superbly for the Canes, not to mention their salaries aren't that far apart either.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Star

I concur with RizzeeDizzee's analysis. Vanecek and Husso are the only serious options for a usable goalie. And even then.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am also in agreement. The only two valuable goalies out of that bunch are Husso and Vanecek.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I concur with RizzeeDizzee's analysis. Vanecek and Husso are the only serious options for a usable goalie. And even then.
    Would you consider them to be clear-cut starter who will get the lion's share of starts, or would you consider them part of 1A-1B situation, in which case, would you try to handcuff NJ and/or Detroit goalies?
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    Would you consider them to be clear-cut starter who will get the lion's share of starts, or would you consider them part of 1A-1B situation, in which case, would you try to handcuff NJ and/or Detroit goalies?
    Vanecek isn't Shesterkin by any means, but he won't have to be in order to emerge at the true starter in NJ due to how terrible Blackwood is. Detroit would like nothing more than for Husso to succeed and I think they will try to make that happen; however, he doesn't make that much more than Nedeljkovic, who is looking to get a UFA payday and who we saw in Carolina can stand on his head. I'd label Vanecek as a likely outright #1, and Husso as a #1A, at least to start. Kahkonen will be in a true timeshare, but by the end of the season I could see him being a #1A. In Vegas all bets - pun intended - are off, although if I had to bank on one guy carrying the load, and by that I mean maybe - just maybe - starting 50 games, I'd say it'd be Thompson, as Hill isn't very good.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I see the tandems as basically what Rizzee-Dizzee does:

Vegas: Hill, Thompson, Brossoit
    Unsure who gets the most crease time out of these 3. Probably not Brossoit, since he's hurt. I don't think any of them seize a major share outright, but it's possible that any of them could.

Detroit: Husso, Nedeljkovic
    Husso was brought in probably to be the 1A, but Ned was brought in last year, and they are similarly paid. I think it's an open competition, and hot hand may be the answer. Neither is very proven.

SJ: Kahkonen, Reimer
    I view Kahkonen as likely to be the starter in SJ. He was ready enough in Minnesota, but they got suckered by the Fleury name. Reimer is solid enough and works well as a better than average backup; I don't think he's a starter.

NJ: Vanecek, Blackwood, Daws

Note that my NJ tandem is different, and has a name you may not know. Daws is young, was a rookie, and led NJ in wins last year. You want Vanecek.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    If you grab Blackwood, you are handcuffing yourself. He's a backup level NHL goalie, and was basically outplayed by a 21 year old rookie callup who was only up due to injuries. Vanecek is your starter there, and Blackwood is a guy NJ should try to move while he still has some luster.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.