Thread: 1st round Entry 23'

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default 1st round Entry 23'

Quick look at my team in the signature shows the bleak outlook for me this upcoming season. Been looking to make moves to load up on prospects in hopes to turn it around, obviously my own pick will probably be very early and have a good shot at Bedard however was looking at trying to acquire additional early picks next season and the team that finished last this past season has indicated to me they're not against moving their pick but it would have to be a significant player our goalie coming back to him. What should I not trade for the pick? Or should everything on the table with my team currently? Just trying to figure out what another high in pick possibility should cost in everyone's opinion.
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: 1st round Entry 23'

Everyone on your team should be on the table.

There is some excitement building with Askarov right now. If you can capitalize on that ("Wouldn't you love to have the best goalie prospect in the world for your unknown pick next year?" sort of sell), I would start there and see what needs to be added. I find that a lot of times, guys want a future piece back plus a current piece of they are trading away a potentially early draft pick.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Bedard next season is supposed to be on a totally different level than any of those players you have listed on your roster, so as stated above all should be available. Even Askarov who should be looked at slightly differently than Bedard because of the position he plays, is not going to be the value of Bedard. So piling on the high draft picks for the 2023 season is where I would go and all players should be available to get that done.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You've got nothing that I wouldn't trade for another shot at Bedard, especially one for one. I'd get that deal done before other teams get in the mix, so ask them what they want and go with it. You can utilize your 2022 pick too plus a lesser player, or go straight for a one for one type deal. I'd hate to lose Ehlers or Bratt, but I'd still do the deal one for one to get Bedard or Michkov.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Stud

This is a little challenging to answer because it's super dependent on the other team's outlook for the year. Did they just get crushed by injuries last year and could finish mid-pack this year? Are they likely to finish bottom 3 this year? Especially if you trade them productive guys?

If it's a (near) guarantee that I'm getting a top-3 pick in 2023 with their 1st (including an extra shot at Bedard) then I agree, there aren't any "untouchables" on your roster for that particular scenario.

That said, be wary of going into perpetual rebuild mode too. You already have some good solid young pieces (Bratt, Ehlers, Askarov, etc.) so moving those guys typically sets your rebuild back even FURTHER... unless you're confident you're getting back an elite talent (i.e. top 3 pick in '23). Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd start with Askarov. He's possibly further away than a forward drafted next year, and his path to the starting job is not clear.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.