Thread: Keep 2 out of 4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keep 2 out of 4

Hello,
    I need a little advice regarding my goalie situation.
    12 teams H2H league, keep 12, teams usually keep 2 goalies. H2H cats are W, L, GA, SV, SV% and SHO. Six goalie cats against 11 from the skaters.

I am not super happy with any of them, so I Iisted them all for a trade. Only Swayman is generating interest.

Petersen - I am not convinced he is the future starter of the Kings. But, he has the contract and is going to get a chance to become the starter. He is also my long term project, so I think it is a good idea to keep him for one more year.

Swayman - the best goalie from the group, clear keeper IMO. But other GMs are inquiring about him, I might actually get a nice return here. So the question is, is Boston really going to collapse after this seaaon, thus making Swayman stuck on a bad team? I have traded young goalie on a bad team in the past, only to watch him become tier 1 goalie in the future.

Ullmark - good goalie, but he has Swayman on the team plus the uncertainty about the BOS future.

Forsberg - if it wasn't for the Talbot's signing, I would probably trade both BOS goalies and gamble on him and Petersen.

I am not competing this season, with some luck and a lot of micromanagement, I might sneak into the PO, but most likely, I am staying near the bottom.

The Great One

Default Re: Keep 2 out of 4

Trade both Boston goalies and get a Vanecek or Samsonov or Thompson back in one of the those trades and keep Peterson. Forsberg can be dropped or stashed if possible.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd hold Swayman and Petersen. Neither have hit their prime years yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Trade both Boston goalies and get a Vanecek or Samsonov or Thompson back in one of the those trades and keep Peterson. Forsberg can be dropped or stashed if possible.
    I was actually thinking about something like this. Though I am not sure, if I can trade away Ullmark.

Thompson is currently not owned, so he will be available on the draft.
    Vanecek could be available via trade for Swayman, not sure about Samsonov. Another possibility is Husso.
    And then older guys like Talbot and MAF.

Dobber Sports Wizard

its bit hard to drop Ullmark after one subpar season, he was actually pretty good in Buf considering the team he played for.....Having said all that i agree with Petersen and Swayman
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I also like Ullmark, it is just a bad coincidence he does not fit well in my current situation, BOS future and their goalie situation. If I was competing, I would just keep Ullmark and Swayman, then target some third G with early middle pick.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Definitely keep Swayman. The final spot is a bit tricky. Linus Ullmark is going into the season as the back up to Swayman, but he is going to get his share of starts. You could go with him and just split the starts with a team that could have its ups and downs this season or you could keep Petersen. The Kings are most likely going to have a better season than Boston. That bodes well for Petersen. The Kings still however have the old guy Quick. If it were me, I would play it safe and keep Ullmark along with Swayman.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Petersen is the goalie to keep and draft Husso or Georgiev or both. Trade Swayman and get what you can get in return for him. The LA Kings is a good team and Detroit is really improving. Colorado is huge offensively. Boston is not going to be the same team as they were in the past. This is the way I would go.

Dobber Sports Ace

Boston gonna lose a bunch in first couple months of season. That stinks for Swayman and will force Ullmark to play more than he would if the team were healthy or year younger. This will make for a miserable 50/50 dookie show until the New Year and by then the B's will have to play the hot hand in desperation to make a playoff run in a much improved division.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)