Default Re: New Goalie Post (beta)

How do I set up e-mail alerts? Thanks!
    8 Team Yahoo 1 year H2H
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2G, 6 Bench
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, Goalie Wins & Save %

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Re: The compact grid, sorry I had forgotten you had mentioned that previously.

Re: Screen resolution is 1366 x 768. Pardon my ignorance but will the compact layout make the text appear smaller? 2x2 would help but I can't tell how there will be enough space for 3x3 unless the text is shrunk. Though I will be getting a new laptop at some point so who knows how it'll look then. I don't suppose you have a draft view yet on how it will appear in compact view?

Thanks for your help.
    Text is already small. I will not make text smaller.

it will most likely be same without these elements (marked in green).

Screenshot 2022-10-09 200248.png

Probable Goalies Small.png

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by stevepackard View Post
    How do I set up e-mail alerts? Thanks!
    After you login, bottom right -> MENU -> Settings

You will find a page like this:
    Screenshot 2022-10-09 200939.png

You can select primary or all for goalie updates.

The goal is that you can subscribe to goalie updates and/or ramblings update, per player and/or per team.

When a rambling talks about a player/team, you'll get notified about that (if you choose to).

And all notifications will be available as email, in-app notification to your phone and desktop notification on your browser. Again, you get to choose your preferred method.

Now the bad news: This is not fully ready yet. We will get email notification working soon (a week) and rest will be delayed a bit.

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Updated contrast is a big improvement.
    Glad to hear that and thank you for your valuable feedback.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Riasat View Post
    Text is already small. I will not make text smaller.

it will most likely be same without these elements (marked in green).

Screenshot 2022-10-09 200248.png

Probable Goalies Small.png
    Glad the text won't be made smaller, thanks.

The compact layout is definitely an improvement for me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

After you login, bottom right -> MENU -> Settings

You will find a page like this:
    Screenshot 2022-10-09 200939.png

You can select primary or all for goalie updates.

The goal is that you can subscribe to goalie updates and/or ramblings update, per player and/or per team.

When a rambling talks about a player/team, you'll get notified about that (if you choose to).

And all notifications will be available as email, in-app notification to your phone and desktop notification on your browser. Again, you get to choose your preferred method.

Now the bad news: This is not fully ready yet. We will get email notification working soon (a week) and rest will be delayed a bit.

I tried to sign up and have nothing below the TEAM / PRIMARY / GOALIE RAMBLINGS / ALL header.
    ???
    (It's blank where your screen shot shows teams. I'm using PC with Google Chrome.)

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I tried to sign up and have nothing below the TEAM / PRIMARY / GOALIE RAMBLINGS / ALL header.
    ???
    (It's blank where your screen shot shows teams. I'm using PC with Google Chrome.)
    Sorry about that. That part is not fully tested so there might be some bugs. Please check back after 3/4 days. It will be tested/working when email notifications are live.

The Wolverine

Just wondering when the current games' probable starters will be shown? It's still showing last night's games. And is there a plan to show tomorrow's probable starters as well like it was before? Thanks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I’m confused about the schedule. The schedule shows only a couple of games this Saturday the 15th. And a full slate Sunday the 16th. When I look at my roster on Yahoo ! it is the opposite. Full slate Saturday, a couple games Sunday . ???
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Software Engineer

Just wondering when the current games' probable starters will be shown? It's still showing last night's games. And is there a plan to show tomorrow's probable starters as well like it was before? Thanks.
    We just got off fixing DN stuff, also fixed starting goalie stats (esp shutout). Next week we will focus on GP.

One of the top priority is adding today/tomorrow/more buttons on home page goalie grid, other is sending out email alerts. However, in the meantime, if you go to this page, you can browse today/tomorrow etc already.

Screenshot 2022-10-13 222456.png

As for the "showing old schedule", right now we show games today/tomorrow based on your time zone. Looking back, I feel it might not have been the best choice.

Can you please validate (go to the page shown above) if this is what you are getting and not some bug? On the bottom of right menu, you can see your timezone.

Let's take a game that is at 22:30 of Oct 13 in Canada Toronto time. For someone in, say UK, the time is 02:30 of Oct 14 which is next day.

Maybe what we can do is, when we collect the game list for today, we can use canada day but when showing the game actual time, we can just show it in your timezone.

@Grapes you are probably facing same issue. What is your timezone?

The Wolverine

We just got off fixing DN stuff, also fixed starting goalie stats (esp shutout). Next week we will focus on GP.

One of the top priority is adding today/tomorrow/more buttons on home page goalie grid, other is sending out email alerts. However, in the meantime, if you go to this page, you can browse today/tomorrow etc already.

Screenshot 2022-10-13 222456.png

As for the "showing old schedule", right now we show games today/tomorrow based on your time zone. Looking back, I feel it might not have been the best choice.

Can you please validate (go to the page shown above) if this is what you are getting and not some bug? On the bottom of right menu, you can see your timezone.

Let's take a game that is at 22:30 of Oct 13 in Canada Toronto time. For someone in, say UK, the time is 02:30 of Oct 14 which is next day.

Maybe what we can do is, when we collect the game list for today, we can use canada day but when showing the game actual time, we can just show it in your timezone.

@Grapes you are probably facing same issue. What is your timezone?
    Thanks. Yes, it's showing my timezone (UK), so that would explain why it appears this way. Not sure what others want, but I feel like having a standard North American time (Eastern seems to be the most common) would be better as it's consistent with the day the games are played.

Software Engineer

Just to make sure, the actual game times on the card are correct for your local time zone, right?

The Wolverine

Just to make sure, the actual game times on the card are correct for your local time zone, right?
    Yes they are correct.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    A little rude and so impatient. The color scheme I'll go over with my graphics designer when I have time. The past month I've been occupied with a fantasy guide and getting dobbernomics out in time and making sure Geek works well. Not caring so much about colors during those days!

Search/copy/etc is coming soon, we've said that already.

Gatekeep content? You know me better than that. Patience, man. This was just released - and we had to release it a bit before 100% readiness because the season was looming and we had to get dobbernomics out as well. Get the basics out - enough to share starting goalie info, email notifications (huge work there) and a few other key things, then fix and improve after the season begins.
    Impatient, no. Rude, debatable. Do you guys beta test this stuff? That's basically what's happening now.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Same here. The first games of today begin in 5' and I still see yesterday's game.

Okay, I see it's a beta. And I don't care about the color. But I hope this gets fixed asap because imo, until last year, this used to be the best goalie page, but right now, it's impossible to use.

I changed last year from Dailyfaceoff to Goaliepost because you have the better site, but if this can't get fixed, I’ll again need to search an alternative...

Thanks