Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Goalie Post (beta)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default New Goalie Post (beta)

Hi Dobber

Not sure where to put this, so Ill just post. Maybe others can chime in.

First, thanks for all the effort with the great content and website.

Feedback on the new goaliepost:

1. Looks good content is on point.

2. The top 100 goalies need to be provided on one page. As of now it is compressed into another subsection.
    Having a complete 100 goalies was an invaluable resource. Now we have to scroll through the goalies to find someone. CTRL F doesn't work if the goalie isn't present on the page.

Previously you could search the entire 100 goalies with CTRL F.

This is meant to be constructive input.

Keep up the good work

O
    12 Team Dynasty League - ESPN Points league / Weekly Head to Head

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: New Goalie Post (beta)

I couldn't get it to copy/paste or exported to excel, not sure if anyone else had that issue either?

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't even see any goalies in rankings...
    Unless I have to buy something for it and be linked?

Links on the side could be hyperlinked.
    Layout is nice looking, but too big for my liking. When dealing with info/data I don't want to have to scroll to look at everything.
    Perhaps a condensed version setting could be implemented.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I don't even see any goalies in rankings...
    Unless I have to buy something for it and be linked?

Layout is nice looking, but too big for my liking. When dealing with info/data I don't want to have to scroll to look at everything.
    Perhaps a condensed version option could be implemented.
    I just checked it out for the first time. My top 100 list was blank as well. I then changed the month , top right, from September to August. The top 100 list appeared. However I couldn’t scroll through it on my iPad.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I couldn't get it to copy/paste or exported to excel, not sure if anyone else had that issue either?
    It's not just you. I can't copy and paste or search using CTRL-F. It's something to do with how the site is coded, where it's pulling the data from somewhere behind the scenes. I wonder if this could be changed, or if an export-to-CSV option could be added?

I...am your father.

We will be adding a 'download to excel' feature in late October. Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    We will be adding a 'download to excel' feature in late October. Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!
    Please also include download options to .csv (comma separated values) and to .pdf for more complete download options.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Wolverine

Will the 'Probable Goalies' section remain that size? It's quite big (are the headshots really needed?), and if there are a lot of games then you would have to scroll down quite a bit. I prefer it when it was more condensed so you can see most of games pretty quickly as a snapshot. If you want more info on each matchup, maybe an option to click on it (and you can put the headshots there instead). And my comments are from a laptop - I can imagine how much more scrolling you'd have to do on mobile devices.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Please add the ability to CNTRL F search as well. Very helpful when search through all 100 goalies.

It is an amazing resource. Much appreciated.

O
    12 Team Dynasty League - ESPN Points league / Weekly Head to Head

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by octapuss View Post
    Please add the ability to CNTRL F search as well. Very helpful when search through all 100 goalies.
    Just coming on here to say that. ^^

I also find it difficult to read the text on my desktop, without zooming in on the page. I'm not sure if it's the dark red font on the pink background, but it's a bit fuzzy and uncomfortable (and, yes, I've been to the optometrist in the last year - 20/20)

EDIT: Looks fine on Firefox. Just a bit fuzzy on Chrome.

Software Engineer

Hi all. Thank you for the valuable feedbacks.

First of all, we are building the new platform to cater to mobile usage as well as desktop usage. Previously it was extremely bad for mobile. You can read more about it here: https://goaliepost.com/blogs/62ffce6d15cac60feb481acc

Quote Originally Posted by octapuss View Post
    Hi Dobber
    2. The top 100 goalies need to be provided on one page. As of now it is compressed into another subsection.
    Can you explain this (with screenshot if possible)? Top100 goalies are available on home page -> bottom navigation bar -> 2nd icon.

Note: that page is showing empty now because of a "bug". It is trying to show you top 100 goalies of september but that's not there yet. We need to make it to show latest available top100 goalies.

The "pass 100" goalies link will take you to a page where you can browse top100 of past months etc.

Now we have to scroll through the goalies to find someone. CTRL F doesn't work if the goalie isn't present on the page.
    This will not be possible in traditional sense because the whole page is "graphics". This might change later.

In the mean time, we can try to implement a custom in-page search where you can type and scroll to that goalie easily.

We will also show top100 goalie rankings in individual goalie pages (such as: https://goaliepost.com/players/61c1caa38a12aa09df3d44d9 ).

Can you go in to more details?

Perhaps a condensed version setting could be implemented.
    Specifically which page are you talking about?

We try to make stats condensed but we also have to keep mobile users in mind. It is possible to provide a switch to get more condensed view if that's all you want. But please mention the pages where you think this is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I just checked it out for the first time. My top 100 list was blank as well. I then changed the month , top right, from September to August. The top 100 list appeared. However I couldnÂ’t scroll through it on my iPad.
    there are two issues there.

1. it is trying to load top100 september.
    2. you can only scroll the "top100" table in the center; whole page is not scrollable as such you cant scroll from the edge. Will fix.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Please also include download options to .csv (comma separated values) and to .pdf for more complete download options.
    We wont do PDF right now. For PDF, you can just use browser's print->pdf feature. Note: this will only print the first page right now due to a bug. Will fix soon.

We will include csv.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Will the 'Probable Goalies' section remain that size? It's quite big (are the headshots really needed?), and if there are a lot of games then you would have to scroll down quite a bit. I prefer it when it was more condensed so you can see most of games pretty quickly as a snapshot. If you want more info on each matchup, maybe an option to click on it (and you can put the headshots there instead). And my comments are from a laptop - I can imagine how much more scrolling you'd have to do on mobile devices.
    We have a new goaliegrid (design done; implementation: ongoing) that we believe will be really nice on phone and desktops. It will be full of condensed info.

I will post here when that's up. Please give you feedback again at that time. Thank you.

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Just coming on here to say that. ^^

I also find it difficult to read the text on my desktop, without zooming in on the page. I'm not sure if it's the dark red font on the pink background, but it's a bit fuzzy and uncomfortable (and, yes, I've been to the optometrist in the last year - 20/20)

EDIT: Looks fine on Firefox. Just a bit fuzzy on Chrome.
    Can you send me a screenshot of the fuzziness? maybe use a phone camera if needed. It should be crisp on ff/chrome both.

Also, have you tried changing light/dark theme? Available on top right menu.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Riasat View Post

We have a new goaliegrid (design done; implementation: ongoing) that we believe will be really nice on phone and desktops. It will be full of condensed info.

I will post here when that's up. Please give you feedback again at that time. Thank you.
    Thanks for your reply and look forward to the improvements.

Dobber Sports Sage

I guess if everything is images that's why there's no hyperlinks.

links.JPG
    All the twitter links be clickable
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Software Engineer

I guess if everything is images that's why there's no hyperlinks.

links.JPG
    All the twitter links be clickable
    Ah. You meant the twitter feed links. I was thinking you are talking about top right menu; so got confused.

This is in my todo list but this is kind of complicated due to some technical reasons. I'll see when i can get this done (it will be done but might take some time).