Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New Goalie Post (beta)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: New Goalie Post (beta)

I have to say that it is improving steadily. I still hate the pink on pink, the contrast is terrible.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I have to say that it is improving steadily. I still hate the pink on pink, the contrast is terrible.
    Yes, hopefully once the main functionality is sorted they can work on improving the visuals.

Dobber Sports Master

the occasional missing first name of goalies doesnt seem to be an issue anymore either

Dobber Sports Sage

It would be great if the goalie's age was listed on their profile. Overall, I like the improvements you guys have made over the season. Looks good.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Wolverine

I set up my email alerts earlier this week - think it was Tuesday - and I have yet to receive any emails for the teams I had chosen (and most have played once or twice). Anyone having issues?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I set up my email alerts earlier this week - think it was Tuesday - and I have yet to receive any emails for the teams I had chosen (and most have played once or twice). Anyone having issues?
    I have just sent an email to support as this is still an issue. If anyone else has had this issue previously, please let me know here. Thanks.

I...am your father.

We are relaunching some fixes later this week, I will re-draw Riasat's attention to this thread
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    We are relaunching some fixes later this week, I will re-draw Riasat's attention to this thread
    Ok thanks.

The Wolverine

An update:

I had a couple come through last weekend and then nothing until today. However a few have come through so hopefully that's the start of it working properly now. Please let me know if you had found a fix or whether it just started working again. I'll keep you updated from my end.

The Wolverine

The notifications have been working regularly since the last comment.

I have a couple suggestions relating to the status:

- There's no need to send notifications for goalies that are listed as 'Probable'. This is usually speculation without evidence so best to wait until there is some information that moves the status to 'Likely' or 'Confirmed' before sending the notification. In the previous iteration of Goaliepost, 'Probable' statuses were not sent as notifications.

- Don't put the status as 'Likely' if you have no additional information provided. Usually there is some indication from sources that will suggest a goalie is likely to start, and often you have that information. But there are times I've seen it shown as 'Likely' without that information displayed.

Hopefully someone from the site/team is still looking at this thread.

Dobber Sports Sage

When looking at the scheduling tool, it lists the games from Sunday to Saturday. Is that how most leagues run their weekly matchups? My leagues are all Monday to Sunday.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    When looking at the scheduling tool, it lists the games from Sunday to Saturday. Is that how most leagues run their weekly matchups? My leagues are all Monday to Sunday.
    If I had to guess that's due to the standard North American week. I'm in one league where the league week starts on Thursday, and the rest are Monday to Sunday.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Option to select week start would be great and shouldn't be too hard.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Software Engineer

Hey all. I'm not regular on the forums; so this thread slipped my mind. Apologies. I'll make sure to visit this at least once a week from now on.

Now some good news:

- I know some people have concerns about performance of the new goalie post website, we have reworked a lot of things and spent a lot of time optimizing. Now the site performance is much better than before.
    - We are now live on iOS (iPhones, iPads, Macs [2020+]): https://apple.co/44m5wB6
    - We are now live on Android (phones, tabs): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orks.xen.ds.gp
    - We can go live on Microsoft Store so you can have Goalie Post as a "Windows App" if there's demand for it. Let me know.
    - App performance (iOS and Android) is extremely good even on old phones (I myself use a five years old iPhone X)
    - We have added save and win probabilities
    - Reworked the themes to look more consistent (on light theme: less pink)
    - All of the improvements have been ported over to Dobbernomics as well; Android/iOS apps for DN is ready but not live yet.

What we are working on:
    - Mobile notifications for iOS/Android apps instead of emails (This will go live before October)

Once we are done with notifications, we will be done with our primary goals and be fully ready to take whatever improvement requests you guys have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Please review the latest update. Less pink, much higher contrast. I'm perfectly fine with more iterations until you are happy with the result!

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    The notifications have been working regularly since the last comment.

I have a couple suggestions relating to the status:

- There's no need to send notifications for goalies that are listed as 'Probable'. This is usually speculation without evidence so best to wait until there is some information that moves the status to 'Likely' or 'Confirmed' before sending the notification. In the previous iteration of Goaliepost, 'Probable' statuses were not sent as notifications.

- Don't put the status as 'Likely' if you have no additional information provided. Usually there is some indication from sources that will suggest a goalie is likely to start, and often you have that information. But there are times I've seen it shown as 'Likely' without that information displayed.

Hopefully someone from the site/team is still looking at this thread.
    1. Just to make sure I understood your request properly:
    - Probable: No notif
    - Like: notif
    - Confirmed: notif

2. Additionally, don't set likely status without details.

For 1, I can make the notification system more granular where you can select for yourself. Right now we are working on in-app notification; I'll make this feature a part of it.

For 2, this is done by the "manager team"; Not really my area to say anything. Reach out to dobber directly.

Finally, I haven't forgotten about your password login request. It's just that I need to do a significant refactor on the user service for this and it keeps getting pushed by other important features. I am truly sorry I promised you this long ago and haven't been able to get to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Option to select week start would be great and shouldn't be too hard.
    Right now we are showing Oct 3 (tuesday) [ https://goaliepost.com/weekly-schedule ] on first which I'm guessing none of you want.

Will Monday to Sunday work for all or do we need a customizer? I'd rather not go customizer route if not absolutely necessary.

The colors on the website are much, much better. I will download the app and take a look.

I think that you're going to find 4 kinds of league schedules:

1. Daily move leagues - they won't care about schedule format.
    2. Sunday through Saturday leagues.
    3. Monday through Sunday leagues.
    4. Weird leagues with other schedules - they aren't worth worrying about, dues to frequency.

As far as Tuesday 10/3 being the first day of the scheduler, the solution is to roll that first day back to either 10/1 or 10/2 depending on what format is used. That day will have no games, but it will be clear, and set up for the rest of the season.