Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picking 3rd

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Picking 3rd

10 team 0.5 PPR.
    2 RB, 3 WR and 1 Flex.

I'm picking 3rd tomorrow night and I assume CMC and Taylor go 1 and 2. That leaves me with quite a lot of options at #3.

Do I go Ekeler?

Lock up a WR since it's 3 WR?

If CMC falls I will take him....otherwise I have no idea right now.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Picking 3rd

Personally I'd be going with a WR.
    3rd WR slot would be enough to push me to a WR pick at 3
    Also not completely certain if that's correct lol
    I'm also someone who's not too worried about doing a RB RB start... for reasons.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm going Eckeler. There's more options at WR than there is RB as the draft rolls.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

CMC if he falls for sure then yes, I agree there are many quality WR in the 2-4 rounds than there are quality sure fire RB’s. Ekeler would be my pick. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm going Eckeler. There's more options at WR than there is RB as the draft rolls.
    Not if people are drafting WR with higher priority since they need 3 instead of the usual 2.
    I think you can find solid RB at pick 22 and 27. That turn is pretty good for RB this year.

Do two mock drafts selecting Ekeler in one and an RB first in another. See which team you like more.

Quick mock. This is what I got after picking a WR on pick 3 (pic starts round 2). Going home now though so no time to do RB pick 3.
    WR.JPG

Dobber Sports Immortal

I've been thinking pretty much everything that has been said so far. Lots to consider.

Last year in this league I waited on WR my WR 3 was Tyler Boyd. Not great in a 10 team league.

Dobber Sports Titan

If you must have an RB, I prefer Cook or Henry over Ekeler. I don't think he's doing the 20TD thing again, it's just not repeatable nor should you be drafting based off of TDs that high.

If it's open to whatever position, Jefferson, Chase or Kupp are all options at 3. I'd take Chase or Jefferson before Kupp but it's a coin toss.

I'd be looking at WR,RB,RB in my order. But if you start RB you are more open at the 3rd pick and being a snake draft you might even see some really strong players drop to top of the 3rd round. So RB, BPA, BPA is a realistic route that can net you guys like Kelce, Andrews, Chubb, Hill, Fournette, Kamara, or J.Williams
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If you must have an RB, I prefer Cook or Henry over Ekeler. I don't think he's doing the 20TD thing again, it's just not repeatable nor should you be drafting based off of TDs that high.

If it's open to whatever position, Jefferson, Chase or Kupp are all options at 3. I'd take Chase or Jefferson before Kupp but it's a coin toss.

I'd be looking at WR,RB,RB in my order. But if you start RB you are more open at the 3rd pick and being a snake draft you might even see some really strong players drop to top of the 3rd round. So RB, BPA, BPA is a realistic route that can net you guys like Kelce, Andrews, Chubb, Hill, Fournette, Kamara, or J.Williams
    I dont know what it is but I don't like Cook at all in this spot. MAYBE Henry, but I usually avoid Cook unless he falls and I can't resist him at a particular spot. Definitely not in a top 3, and not in a top 5 (as evident in our recent draft when I took Harris with Cook still on the board). Good player; I just don't trust him in the top 3.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I dont know what it is but I don't like Cook at all in this spot. MAYBE Henry, but I usually avoid Cook unless he falls and I can't resist him at a particular spot. Definitely not in a top 3, and not in a top 5 (as evident in our recent draft when I took Harris with Cook still on the board). Good player; I just don't trust him in the top 3.
    That's the dilemma I'm having. Normally WRs don't repeat on amazing years and they rarely go top 5 so it's hard for me to take one this early. But then there's major questions with Ekeler, Henry, Cook. Round 1 is tough this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Not if people are drafting WR with higher priority since they need 3 instead of the usual 2.
    I think you can find solid RB at pick 22 and 27. That turn is pretty good for RB this year.

Do two mock drafts selecting Ekeler in one and an RB first in another. See which team you like more.

Quick mock. This is what I got after picking a WR on pick 3 (pic starts round 2). Going home now though so no time to do RB pick 3.
    WR.JPG
    Interesting mock. In most of my mocks leading up to our Dobber draft, I was taking Pitts in the 3rd round but he never even got close to the 3rd round in our draft. Pierce that late will be a pipe dream considering the hype around him this off-season. Mitchell would probably go earlier too.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would personally go WR over Ekeler. But I also would go Henry and Cook over Ekeler, but I agree Cook at #3 is high. If any of that makes sense.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Pitts terrifies me in that range. Kelce and Andrews have done it with elite QBs. Atlanta should be awful and Carson Wentz is far from elite.

You're passing up a stud player for a big risk... In my opinion

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Pitts terrifies me in that range. Kelce and Andrews have done it with elite QBs. Atlanta should be awful and Carson Wentz is far from elite.

You're passing up a stud player for a big risk... In my opinion
    It's Mariota at QB for Atlanta, Wentz is with Washington.

Atlanta's offense is...odd
    WR: Drake London (8th overall pick in 2022, first offensive skilled player drafted), and then like Bryan Edwards
    TE: Pitts
    RB: Patterson, Damien Williams

There's really only Pitts, then London who should take a few games to even get into the NFL speed. Mariota isn't a bad QB either, I'd say at worst he's 80% of Ryan last yr.

Dobber Sports Sage

Interesting mock. In most of my mocks leading up to our Dobber draft, I was taking Pitts in the 3rd round but he never even got close to the 3rd round in our draft. Pierce that late will be a pipe dream considering the hype around him this off-season. Mitchell would probably go earlier too.
    I was thinking they were left because it was 3WR 2RB instead of 2WR 2RB... that was the first time ever doing a mock for a 3WR 2RB so I don't know if it was normal or not lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I was thinking they were left because it was 3WR 2RB instead of 2WR 2RB... that was the first time ever doing a mock for a 3WR 2RB so I don't know if it was normal or not lol
    Ya, that could be. Definitely would push some RBs down the draft list.