Thread: Searching for a Spreadsheet Expert - Help Please!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Searching for a Spreadsheet Expert - Help Please!

So with Survivor Season 43 starting up soon I am trying to create a spreadsheet that makes tracking for Survivor Pools super simple.

I have come across a monkey wrench that I need some help with.

The Problem:

1. The Survivor Pool rules allow a replacement half way through the season.
    2. The replacement replaces a current roster player.
    3. The points for the original player accumulate to the time of replacement.
    4. The replacement players points only accumulate after the time of replacement.

Does anyone have any creative ideas to accommodate this?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Searching for a Spreadsheet Expert - Help Please!

It would be easier to see your spreadsheet because I have no idea what a Survivor pool spreadsheet might look like. But my first thought would be each entry has a separate tab with two reference dates and if statements, or if it's all on one tab a "reference start" and "reference end" date and if statements.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It would be easier to see your spreadsheet because I have no idea what a Survivor pool spreadsheet might look like. But my first thought would be each entry has a separate tab with two reference dates and if statements, or if it's all on one tab a "reference start" and "reference end" date and if statements.
    Thanks for the suggestion and help.

Here is a copy of the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just spit balling here, but could you not just do a formula in the column you have the points in on your "Entries" tab, just under those two reference points of "Added" and "Replaced" players names?

Ex: the cell beside the "Added" player you can do ='Stats'!R#(cell number of player on stats tab -> Post Merge Points column)
    Which will only add the points for that added player after the merge.

And the cell beside the "Replaced" player just do ='Stats'!R#(cell number of player on stats tab -> Pre Merge Points column)
    Which would only give that player the points they had before you swapped them out?