Thread: Looking for a little cap room to stream minors.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Looking for a little cap room to stream minors.

I’m new to cap leagues and dynasty.

I think I’ve drafted a very good team and others say the same.

I’m right at the cap with only $950,000 to spare in the NHL cap of 82,500,000

My roster composition right now only allows me to have 2 minors streaming nightly and that leaves only 21 of the full 23 man roster I’m allowed.

Other GM’s are after Trevor Moore. I feel he’s going to be paid huge after this season. If I trade him now and get two or three other minors in return, I can get to my full 4 minor streamers nightly and stay under that cap. In my opinion, for example, I feel 4 minors streamed nightly and getting me ~20-25 games a week is better than the 3 or 4 games I get from Moore a week (although I’d also get 10-12 games from minors if I kept Moore, so really it is a 10-13 minors difference a week)

Anyway, now that you know my strategy, the offer from another GM is my Moore for Guhle, Gustavsson (Minnesota backup and minors eligible probably all year) and any low to mid-range prospect I ask him to draft next in the 39th round of our inaugural draft.

Can I get some help as this type of league in new to me?
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Looking for a little cap room to stream minors.

Hard pass from me on that. Moore is a guy that despite his raise next year, is super valuable this year. You should be able to get a bidding war going for him and get some more concrete current production in return. Or just don't move him at all. If you want to move cap to add a couple minors guys, find someone who is earning more than the sub-$2M price tag on Moore.
    Staal or Zucc for example. I know you might not get as much in return, but you don't need a minors backup goalie that plays maybe once a week, and you don't need a 39th round pick. Find someone to give you a solid prospect for one of your more expensive forwards, and I would call that a win.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dude you are really overthinking this…you just made a trade against the advice from here and now you trying to make even worse one…your should listen to EB
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You want to have a full bench and if you need to move salary to do so then do it.
    You do have a good team but it needs to be a full team to really be in the race.
    If your going to move Moore you should look to replace him with someone who’s going to play a full season atleast.
    I’d suggest trying to move someone with a higher cap like EB says, eg Staal and replace him with 2-3 lower paid but productive players.

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Dude you are really overthinking this…you just made a trade against the advice from here and now you trying to make even worse one…your should listen to EB
    Huh? People unanimously said I should take the other deal? I’m confused. Also, I’m new to dynasty and cap leagues. Sorry if you are angry with me about asking questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Hard pass from me on that. Moore is a guy that despite his raise next year, is super valuable this year. You should be able to get a bidding war going for him and get some more concrete current production in return. Or just don't move him at all. If you want to move cap to add a couple minors guys, find someone who is earning more than the sub-$2M price tag on Moore.
    Staal or Zucc for example. I know you might not get as much in return, but you don't need a minors backup goalie that plays maybe once a week, and you don't need a 39th round pick. Find someone to give you a solid prospect for one of your more expensive forwards, and I would call that a win.
    Thank you.
    2400+ players owned
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    You want to have a full bench and if you need to move salary to do so then do it.
    You do have a good team but it needs to be a full team to really be in the race.
    If your going to move Moore you should look to replace him with someone who’s going to play a full season atleast.
    I’d suggest trying to move someone with a higher cap like EB says, eg Staal and replace him with 2-3 lower paid but productive players.
    Got it. Thank you.
    2400+ players owned
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I also wouldn't deal Moore.

I do admit to liking Gustafsson as a piece coming back in a deal, but I'd offer Staal for Gustafsson & that future pick or Guhle.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I also wouldn't deal Moore.

I do admit to liking Gustafsson as a piece coming back in a deal, but I'd offer Staal for Gustafsson & that future pick or Guhle.
    How about my J.Staal for Sogard and Beckman? Sort of the same thing as your suggestion no?
    2400+ players owned
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
    How about my J.Staal for Sogard and Beckman? Sort of the same thing as your suggestion no?
    I prefer Gustafsson to Sogard, in that I'm confident he'll play in the NHL this year. I thing it's a similar idea, but a lesser goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Staal is my 1st choice to trade.
    If you can get Gus over Sogard I would do it.
    I wouldn't say no to the first deal either though.

Your prospects aren't ready to contribute enough to justify leaving 3-4 roster spots open. There's likely a couple players (even in a 32tm) on the wire that will help as much or more than those.
    none of them have a roster spot locked up. Don't rely on your minors to bridge you.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Thank you!
    2400+ players owned
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):