Thread: Help me rank these young prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Help me rank these young prospects

How would you rank (top 3) these prospects based on pure point upside?

Matthew Savoie
    Matthew Knies
    Oscar Olausson
    Danila Yurov
    Joakim Kemell
    Noah Ostlund
    Ivan Miroshnichenko

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Help me rank these young prospects

Three Tiers, IMO

Savoie
    Yurov
    Kemell
    Miroschnichenko
    Knies
    Ostlund
    Olausson

Savoie is most talented of the group, by far, IMO. He's the only LOCK top-liner and PP1 guy on this list.
    Yurov landed in a great place because fellow Russian Kaprizov should lure him to join the Wild after his KHL contract expires. MIN is loaded in young talent with Kaprizov, Rossi, Boldy... but Yurov can reach upto a 2nd line role & PP2 time.
    Kemell is a solid player, but the NAS forwards are aging and I'm not sure how well his linemates are for when he peaks
    Miro will be very good, but WAS is aging really hard and he might only get a year playing with Ovechkin. Hopefully he ends up clicking long-term with Kuz or McMichael
    [You will see Yurov/Kemell/Miro interchangeably, IMO, on most Dobber people's lists.]

Knies is solid, but he's not a PP1 guy, so somebody is hoping Matthews re-signs and that Knies gets some ESTOI with him. TOR will obv always be cap team, so he should have talent to play with
    Ostlund is just too buried, IMO, on a loaded BUF team of prospects. It'll be hard for him to nose his way into minutes, but he's a slick passer and a BIG sleeper in "points" leagues
    Olausson has upside if he can crack the stacked COL top6, but right now - I don't see him nosing into MacK/Rant/Landeskog/Lehkonen/Nichu/Newhook. A forward MUST be a top 6F on his team to have pointing upside.
    [Knies/Ostlund/Olausson is also interchangeable based on how opportunities with cap/rosters shake out on their teams over next 3-5 years.]

Dobber Sports Deity

On pure upside:

Savoie
    Miroschnichenko
    Yurov

Will they actually reach their potential, that's always the million dollar question. Miroschnichenko has health questions that are still unanswered but I truly believe if healthy, and in the NHL, he could challenge Savoie for the highest upside potential. That's the main reason he's not #1 for me here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Three Tiers, IMO

Savoie
    Yurov
    Kemell
    Miroschnichenko
    Knies
    Ostlund
    Olausson

Savoie is most talented of the group, by far, IMO. He's the only LOCK top-liner and PP1 guy on this list.
    Yurov landed in a great place because fellow Russian Kaprizov should lure him to join the Wild after his KHL contract expires. MIN is loaded in young talent with Kaprizov, Rossi, Boldy... but Yurov can reach upto a 2nd line role & PP2 time.
    Kemell is a solid player, but the NAS forwards are aging and I'm not sure how well his linemates are for when he peaks
    Miro will be very good, but WAS is aging really hard and he might only get a year playing with Ovechkin. Hopefully he ends up clicking long-term with Kuz or McMichael
    [You will see Yurov/Kemell/Miro interchangeably, IMO, on most Dobber people's lists.]

Knies is solid, but he's not a PP1 guy, so somebody is hoping Matthews re-signs and that Knies gets some ESTOI with him. TOR will obv always be cap team, so he should have talent to play with
    Ostlund is just too buried, IMO, on a loaded BUF team of prospects. It'll be hard for him to nose his way into minutes, but he's a slick passer and a BIG sleeper in "points" leagues
    Olausson has upside if he can crack the stacked COL top6, but right now - I don't see him nosing into MacK/Rant/Landeskog/Lehkonen/Nichu/Newhook. A forward MUST be a top 6F on his team to have pointing upside.
    [Knies/Ostlund/Olausson is also interchangeable based on how opportunities with cap/rosters shake out on their teams over next 3-5 years.]
    I appreciate the detail answer, thank you!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkers View Post
    How would you rank (top 3) these prospects based on pure point upside?

Matthew Savoie
    Matthew Knies
    Oscar Olausson
    Danila Yurov
    Joakim Kemell
    Noah Ostlund
    Ivan Miroshnichenko
    Savoie
    Kemell
    Miroshnichenko
    Yurov
    Knies
    Ostlund
    Olausson

Savoie and Kemell were an easy top 2 for me, the rest i could be swayed in numerous directions but this was my instinct!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Savoie
    Kemell
    Miroshnichenko
    Yurov
    Knies
    Ostlund
    Olausson

Savoie and Kemell were an easy top 2 for me, the rest i could be swayed in numerous directions but this was my instinct!

i like this
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Savoie
    Kemell
    Miroshnichenko
    Yurov
    Knies
    Ostlund
    Olausson

im with this list as well...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones