Thread: Dylan Garand

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dylan Garand

He seems to be a pretty solid goalie prospect. What are everyone’s thoughts on him for a long term hold?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dylan Garand

If you've got space, why not. Who knows when it comes to goalie prospects but he's certainly one to gamble on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

But how good is he without McTavish there to mop up the ones who get by him?

Sorry, still in Awe over that game saver by Mason.

Flip of a coin with the kid beyond Juniors.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's a long term guy, and if you've got a lot of prospect space, or are required to have a variety of positions, he's probably a reasonable guy. Be prepared to flip him for somebody similar closer to the NHL if offers come in.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

I picked him up. I've been keeping an eye on him for a while and this tourney made me pull the trigger. He'll probably play in the AHL this season. In my league, goalies are so valuable that you gotta take a chance on guys.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Does he have a clear path to becoming the Rangers' No. 1 in the future? (barring Shesterkin of course, but who knows what will happen 4-5 years from now). In a deep dynasty league, debating grabbing and holding since my goalies aren't great.
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by stefan17 View Post
    Does he have a clear path to becoming the Rangers' No. 1 in the future? (barring Shesterkin of course, but who knows what will happen 4-5 years from now). In a deep dynasty league, debating grabbing and holding since my goalies aren't great.
    He does not have a clear path, as you note Shesterkin is a huge impediment. When picking up a prospect goalie that is this far away, talent matters way more than opportunity. Opportunity is nice, but nobody can see that far ahead, and there are only a few goalies in the league at any one time who can reasonably be said to loom as a serious roadblock 5 years out. Shesterkin is absolutely one of those guys.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    He does not have a clear path, as you note Shesterkin is a huge impediment. When picking up a prospect goalie that is this far away, talent matters way more than opportunity. Opportunity is nice, but nobody can see that far ahead, and there are only a few goalies in the league at any one time who can reasonably be said to loom as a serious roadblock 5 years out. Shesterkin is absolutely one of those guys.
    Thanks! Do you think he's worth a hold? I have fellow prospect goalies Ben Gaudreau and Ty Young in the system also.
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks! Do you think he's worth a hold? I have fellow prospect goalies Ben Gaudreau and Ty Young in the system also.
    I'd suggest that he's only a hold IF (and this goes for Gaudreau/Young too) you PLAN on dealing them for something else.

All these guys are a WAYS out of action in the show, and it's not ideal roster mgmt to have a guy take up a space for 5-6 years before producing unless your league is massive.

Any of them "could" become #1's, but odds are that NONE become that... so I'd personally only hold if you felt like their name value could generate some asset in return that would help you more now. Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Sage

I like Garand better than both of your prospects. Granted, I own Shesterkin so if Garand turns into the next Cam Talbot in a couple years, I'll be happy. Keep in mind that Garand was the CHL goalie of the year outplaying Cossa who is in Garand's draft class. I still wouldn't be too worried about Garand getting blocked. The Rangers do a great job of developing goalies with Benoit Allaire and there is always the chance he gets traded especially if NY needs to load up for a playoff run.
    '
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

to me he is as good G prospect as any B grade G prospects and has chance to develop into just about anything just like all of them. Goalies are voodo and goalies prospects and voodo x 10.

i think there is a reason this guy has not been drafted in anything leagues im in that are 16 teams or less, he is depth prospect and only reason there is hype about him is WJC gold medal. There been many guys in the past that have been great goalies in this tournament and then disappeared.

So while is not a bad idea to add him, i would temper my expectation and brace for minimum 5-6 years wait.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Honestly, I think this kids upside is that of a decent NHL backup. I didn’t see much to suggest he was actually a factor in the gold medal. I wouldn’t waste time in a hold. Just my take.