Thread: Thoughts on 1.2

Dobber Sports Star

Default Thoughts on 1.2

14 team league that starts 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 RB/WR/TE flex spots. Standard (no PPR).

I have pick 1.2 in a snake draft. The conventional wisdom seems to uniformly say that Christian McCaffrey is the pick there. I'm a Zero RB guy and I hate the idea of picking a RB who has missed the bulk of two years. But the possibility of having McCaffrey repeat his mega year is so tempting. I don't like D. Henry (overuse), Ekeler (not PPR) or Najee Harris (bad team) as options. I feel the pull to Justin Jefferson or Jamarr Chase. With only one RB needing to be started, I think that lessens the premium that should be paid for an RB, making WR more valuable.

With all that, what would you do? Am I overthinking it and McCaffrey is the clear pick at 1.2? Any support for the idea that Jefferson or Chase (or Kupp) are rational choices there? Thank you.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Thoughts on 1.2

Head over to Fantasy Pros and run your 2 slot in a 14-team mock a couple times.
    https://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/...ator/settings/
    Make sure you run your "Standard" scoring set-up AND your double flex (not used to seeing that)... makes key difference.

Do the following (speed) mocks - you can honestly knock one out in <3 minutes:
    1st. Just click what they recommend each round. [I just did one of these for you... it went Henry(2), Connor(27), Higgins(30) and end up with a score of 89... which actually isn't great. I usually like to get 90-95]
    2nd. Go with their recommended player first round (or two or three)... but then take over and run it the way you would
    3rd. Go with a WR on your #2 overall pick... then let their auto-mock recommendations take over.
    4th. Go with a WR on your #2 overall pick and continue making your "best choices" for remainder of draft.

They give "scores" and "total projected points" based on your picks.

I don't know shit about fantasy football...
    But I've been using this method for over 5 years now and it does give you a good feel on whether you should be going RB or WR in opening few rounds.
    That's your situation here.

Give that a whirl.
    The collective of the fantasy pros (ECR) is way smarter that what any of us have can recommend individually.

In "Standard", though... I think RB is the right call.
    McCaffrey for upside... Henry to play safe.

ps. You could PM rataylor22... he's drafting #2 in our 14-team Dobber Tier I draft... though that's 0.5ppr.
    (rataylor22 knows his stuff when it comes to fantasy football.)

Dobber Sports Titan

You play to win. CMC has the highest chance at getting you the win.

Ekeler - won't repeat 20TDs
    Jefferson/Chase - WR talent is deep and you can get a good WR in R2
    Kupp - Stafford injuries scare me a bit. And Kupp repeating is prolly not happening
    Cook - I like Cook this yr. He could easily be the #2 guy this yr. He sounds healthy. The offense should be better.
    Henry - He's improving his pass catching, AJ Brown and Julio gone though gives him more targets, but more stacked boxes. I like him outside of the top 3 though
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

I don’t know if Chase repeats his great rookie season. That’s a pretty good WR core in Cinci. Even though it’s a standard no ppr league, gotta go with a top guy like CMC even with his bandaid boy status. You hope he stays healthy and if he does he can get you wins, wins and wins. I wouldn’t take any other RB at that slot either. The risk/reward thing is real with CMC. Take the risk at 2 then shore up the WR in rounds 2&3. You can get a pretty good backup RB in Rds 5/6.
    Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm picking 5th in the Dobber pool and I don't want to give away any secrets as to who I hope slips to me there, especially considering everyone replying here is in that pool

Then again I'm up and down each year there so not sure you'd want my option and opinion anyway.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm picking 5th in the Dobber pool and I don't want to give away any secrets as to who I hope slips to me there, especially considering everyone replying here is in that pool

Then again I'm up and down each year there so not sure you'd want my option and opinion anyway.
    I might take CMC at 1 in that league. His upside is too much to pass up.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    You play to win. CMC has the highest chance at getting you the win.
    Ultimately, this is it. I'm playing to win, and CMC returning to form is the best player in the game. I know this to be true but just needed to hear it from the gallery. Thank you, all.