Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Carey Price expected to miss 22-23 season

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Carey Price expected to miss 22-23 season

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    He brought a team with Desharnais as their 1C to the ECF....
    In Price's career he has only had one 80 point player (for one season). Colorado had four 80+ point players last year alone.

Still has most wins by Habs goalie. When in relation to the Habs, he deserves every bit that Roy, Plante, Dryden get.
    Just missing one BIG win to solidify his place IMO. But totally understand why Habs Fans would be bulllish on him and ready to anoint him. But he’s still not in the same realm of Roy given his shortened career and lack of hardware. But classy as hell. I hope we haven’t seen the last of him.

Dobber Sports Titan

Price played with 1 80pt player in his career and it was Kovalev in Price's rookie year.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

I always thought when Price, Subban et al were at the height of their powers Bergevin should have been more aggressive. Or maybe he tried but couldn't get the pieces he wanted. But I remember sitting there as a Leafs fan with a terrible team wondering why the Habs don't go for it. Bergervin kept saying they were building, but in a cap league you have to act quickly. Players get old and cap hits break teams apart. I think Bergevin kept thinking he was building to something and waited too long to push his chips in. Price should have at least one ring. One of the few goalies that can steal multiple games a series.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I always thought when Price, Subban et al were at the height of their powers Bergevin should have been more aggressive. Or maybe he tried but couldn't get the pieces he wanted. But I remember sitting there as a Leafs fan with a terrible team wondering why the Habs don't go for it. Bergervin kept saying they were building, but in a cap league you have to act quickly. Players get old and cap hits break teams apart. I think Bergevin kept thinking he was building to something and waited too long to push his chips in. Price should have at least one ring. One of the few goalies that can steal multiple games a series.
    The big screwup was 2017 when we win the Atlantic and, instead of bringing in scoring power at the deadline, Bergy tries to emulate the Kings and brings in old useless grit in the form of freaking Steve Ott and Dwight King. We end up losing 4-2 to the Rangers scoring a total of 11 goals in 6 games, to the Rangers 14 - spoiling a terrific Price performance (2.00/.933). I was at Games 4 and 6 at MSG and I remember being sooooo frustrated watching as our offense was inept and unable to solve Henrik.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper