Thread: Timo Meier

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Timo Meier

This guy seems to be in an interesting situation but is a bit of an enigma to me. Do you think we’ve seen him peak in point totals? I understand his QO will be $10M, so does this mean he is almost certain to take the Tkachuk route to an 8 year extension at the team of his choice and what does that deal look like? Does he have a higher point ceiling on another team?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Timo Meier

Being a Swiss homer I've probably followed Meier's career more closely than most. I don't own a cristall ball either, but I'd say last season is about what you can expect going forward as well.

He has always been good in the peripherals and his ratios per 60mins have been good for years as well, but he wasn't always trusted with big minutes and PP1 time. That certainly has changed and should remain as it was last season - especially once he gets his new (pricey) contract.

I wouldn't expect a big difference in his point totals were he to change his team. He'd argueably have better teammates, but wouldn't necessarily be the no 1 go-to offensive weapon any more. Of course this would depend quite a bit where he was to sign. If he'd end up on McJesus wing or something.... jackpot...

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would expect more of the same. In a multi cat league that's pretty damn good. What happens down the road, well who knows, however we can say that the bigger the contract the less bang for your buck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

i picked him fairly high expecting similar results. he may fall a little short of 35g/76 pts again but man those shots and hit rates in one player along with competent scoring are a rare commodity in fantasy
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Timo is an archetype 70-75 pt. power forward. As said before he is a unique asset because of the elite shot rate and well above average hits.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm valuing him as a 70-80 point player with exceptional peripheral stats.

I just acquired him in a cap league, and I'll admit, I'm afraid of the next contract. Obviously, leagues vary, but IMO if he signs long-term in the 8-9M range he will be a good (but not amazing contract). Anything less than 8M would be an exceptional deal, anything above that will depend on the league (bangers, he probably is fine still, but points only that would be an ugly contract).

Given Tkachuk "only" got 9.5M per year, I think Meier comes in under that unless he has a monster season this year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

FHG has him 10th best skater in my multicat league. In this type of league I would acquire him at almost any cost as a PPG player with all the peripherals