Thread: Carter Hart

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Carter Hart

How much value do you think Hart has in keeper/dynasty leagues? I thought he bounced back pretty well last season after a disastrous 20-21 and he is still only 23, so coming out of last season, he seemed like a no-brainer keeper. But the Flyers are a mess right now and I'm not sure there's much hope for them over the next couple of seasons, which is sure to hurt him (wins will be hard to come by and his defense won't be doing much to help him).

In my case, my team has probably got at least one season of rebuilding left, so if Hart's numbers are bad it's not the end of the world, but I'm wondering if it might be better to try and capitalize on whatever name value he has left and trade him and then take my chances with Thompson and Tarasov.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Carter Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Puck View Post
    How much value do you think Hart has in keeper/dynasty leagues? I thought he bounced back pretty well last season after a disastrous 20-21 and he is still only 23, so coming out of last season, he seemed like a no-brainer keeper. But the Flyers are a mess right now and I'm not sure there's much hope for them over the next couple of seasons, which is sure to hurt him (wins will be hard to come by and his defense won't be doing much to help him).

In my case, my team has probably got at least one season of rebuilding left, so if Hart's numbers are bad it's not the end of the world, but I'm wondering if it might be better to try and capitalize on whatever name value he has left and trade him and then take my chances with Thompson and Tarasov.
    He still got some value with many.. but window for selling him for decent value is closing imo… lucky for him he got another year to prove critics wrong cause of Russian mess
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

everyone will crap on Philly but it can't be any worse this year I am thinking. Ellis, DeAngelo, Provorov boasts a lot of offensive potential other teams don't have. Sean Couturier will be back 100% I assume and I am not writing off a consistent 70-point former Selke winner after one off season. JVR is gonna be motivated to get what will be his last big payday next summer, Farabee is one year older, Konecny is no slouch. They were supposed to be a force going into last year in my eyes and this year who knows what they achieve but I expect far better despite losing G. Nothing gets Torts harder than shot suppression so you figure that can only do well for Hart's potential.

The Great One

Hart is not an NHL caliber goalie.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    neither was Carey Price until Carey Price became Carey Price.
    And there has been so many comparisons between Carter Hart and Carey Price.

I think having Couturier back will help the overall team-defense of the team and Hart will benefit from this for sure.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

In a keeper/dynasty, I think you have to at least consider the 2018 WJC...

Dobber Sports Star

Goalies are voodoo, even when you think they're not. He's only 23, so he's still not quite at the age when most goalies who aren't elite megastars or donkeys establish themselves as being NHL-decent. Still has a couple years. And the path to relevancy is not set; look to Jacob Markstrom, he was Askarov/Wallstedt hyped following two huge post-draft seasons in the SHL and AHL. And didn't become moderately useful until his age 28 season (i.e., started most of his team's games and wasn't a disaster.) In fact, the first time Markstrom had a sub 2.50 GAA was...last year in his age 32 year.

Philly's a mess and Hart is still in his larval stage, metaphorically speaking. He still has value in dynasty, but he shouldn't be a guy you are currently counting on as being locked in as part of your goalie foundation. He's a pleasant surprise if it eventually comes together. it wouldn't surprise me if he has a Steve Mason-like early path: great season very young, lost in the wilderness, then later reclaims it and does well for a few year stretch.

Dobber Sports Ace

Torts will turn the team around quickly. This year will be a shit show and maybe a lot of fun to watch with TDA. But next season will shock everyone as they jump 4 teams in the division "unexpectedly". Hart will benefit immediately. Rate stats will be better - even this year, but not a lot of wins. This will go on and Flyers will threaten for the Cup for a few years until Torts loses the locker room (again).
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The Flyers should be healthier, which will help. The new coach should help tighten up defensive play of the forwards. The defense has gotten worse with the addition of DeAngelo and the prioritizing of Ristolainen, but hopefully Ellis can actually play more than a few games. Hart/Thompson seems fine to me for this year if you're still building with Tarasov in the farm.

With Fletcher still looking to clean house from most of the guys he inherited, Hart might get dealt.

I agree that the future is bleak, because Fletcher is so bad as a GM, the coach can only paper over the terrible transactions.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

A bit harsh but he’s not helping the case for himself. This is a big year for him. Does he make that huge step up or is it another dud like 2 years ago. We’ll know by Xmas time for sure. I have him in a keeper league and I’m giving him one more shot before I deal him for something useful back.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    neither was Carey Price until Carey Price became Carey Price.
    And there has been so many comparisons between Carter Hart and Carey Price.

I think having Couturier back will help the overall team-defense of the team and Hart will benefit from this for sure.
    did you just put Hart and Price in same sentence? careful you going to burn your fingers typing that :P

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Goalies are voodoo, even when you think they're not. He's only 23, so he's still not quite at the age when most goalies who aren't elite megastars or donkeys establish themselves as being NHL-decent. Still has a couple years. And the path to relevancy is not set; look to Jacob Markstrom, he was Askarov/Wallstedt hyped following two huge post-draft seasons in the SHL and AHL. And didn't become moderately useful until his age 28 season (i.e., started most of his team's games and wasn't a disaster.) In fact, the first time Markstrom had a sub 2.50 GAA was...last year in his age 32 year.

Philly's a mess and Hart is still in his larval stage, metaphorically speaking. He still has value in dynasty, but he shouldn't be a guy you are currently counting on as being locked in as part of your goalie foundation. He's a pleasant surprise if it eventually comes together. it wouldn't surprise me if he has a Steve Mason-like early path: great season very young, lost in the wilderness, then later reclaims it and does well for a few year stretch.
    Goalies are Voodo but Hart is just bad...if it wasnt for what happened to Fedotov, Hart would not be starter by end of the year in Philly...Putin bought Hart another year:P

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I completely disagree that Hart isn't a NHL caliber goalie. I'd be utterly shocked if he didn't have a solid NHL career as at least a tandem guy.

He's had a good year, an above average year, a slightly below average year, and a train-wreck year in a 4 year career. He's inconsistent, and on a team that has issues knowing how to value and acquire defensemen.

If you want to argue he's not a NHL caliber starter, that's something that could be plausible, but he's in the NHL very young, and that's a sign that he's at least talented enough to contribute now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

You're cracked. He's definitely an NHL caliber goalie. At 23 years of age, he's still learning on the job. I cant wait to see him improve under a defensive minded coach like Torts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hart may not be living up to expectations, but he will be fine. He was likey rushed into the NHL too young, with the expectation of saving a mediocre team, which was unrealistic. But I do think he will come around. And with Torts on the bench, he will play behind the best team defence he has ever had. I don't expect him to blow the doors off, but I wouldn't be surprised to see his numbers improve from last year.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**