Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Connor Bedard vs Connor McDavid?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Connor Bedard vs Connor McDavid?

As someone who hit their adult height at 12, I can also say it's impossible to guess on how tall someone is going to be. It's possible Bedard grows, it's possible he ends up as good as McDavid either way. At the moment though, one guy is the best player in the league, and the other hasn't player a game. I think it's looking like Bedard should challenge to be a top-10 player in the league, maybe even top 5. But if you gave me a choice on whether or not he turns into a top-two player, I'll bet against it just because of the odds.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

McDavid looks to be a top 5 player of all time. So the odds of any 17-year old phenom reaching those heights are pretty slim. 5% chance?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

I went to highschool with a guy who was 5'7" or 5'8" @ 18, and by 21 he was over 6'. Trying to guess his height 4 years from now is impossible.

Dobber Sports Padawan

McDavid is a cheat code, and Bedard is the most hyped prospect since McDavid. It’s unfair for people to compare him or expect McDavid 2.0, but there’s no question Bedard will be extremely good as well.

McDavid is the clear choice for the next 5 seasons at least, but Bedard would be an amazing add to any team wanting to rebuild around him

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    McDavid is a cheat code, and Bedard is the most hyped prospect since McDavid.
    This is why I brought this up. I don't recall a prospect since McDavid being as hyped as Bedard is. I don't even remember Matthews getting this much hype before being drafted.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports All-Star

Probably not but let’s breathe a bit here. To be compared to McDavid isn’t fair. Let’s see where he is when he’s in the league for at least 5 years. Best case is he’s a top 5 talent in the league. Can’t wait to see how he does in the NHL.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Recruit

I agree with the group here, we cannot make this comparison yet. McDavid’s speed, size, and skill is unmatched by another in the league, so how can we compare him to a 17 year old.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Or Marner?
    To me , he looks like a mix of Matthews (shot) and Marner (vision) pour still a step below McDavid (because of all the different types of speed : skating / processing /stickhandling…)
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    As someone who hit their adult height at 12, I can also say it's impossible to guess on how tall someone is going to be. It's possible Bedard grows, it's possible he ends up as good as McDavid either way. At the moment though, one guy is the best player in the league, and the other hasn't player a game. I think it's looking like Bedard should challenge to be a top-10 player in the league, maybe even top 5. But if you gave me a choice on whether or not he turns into a top-two player, I'll bet against it just because of the odds.
    When it comes to size , I’d just like to know how tall his parents are (especially the mom) , I think that it would give us some insight .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think he will be as good as Patty Kane.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    I think he will be as good as Patty Kane.
    I think this is a much fairer comparison. I’m in agreement with you!