Thread: Drop 1- Husso, Francouz, Knight

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Drop 1- Husso, Francouz, Knight

Hi all,

Multicat keeper league. Play 2 goalies weekly. Goalie Cats are W, GAA, Save%, Shutouts.

My goalie keepers are Jarry and Bobrovsky. I have 2 available "rookies" goalie spots. Its based on games played.

I was leaning Husso based on his good opportunity and advanced stats and Knight as hopefully the replacement to Bob. Then I realised that late last year I picked up Francouz on the off chance he became the starter next year.

Who would you drop? Is Francouz a chance to have a big year, or is he 1B only?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Drop 1- Husso, Francouz, Knight

COL gave Georgiev more money and more term so he's likely the 1A out of the box. Let's say 45-35 game split, unless one goalie craps out.

I think you keep Knight and Husso. Francouz could surpass Husso this year by having better percentage categories, but Husso is there to be the guy on an improving Detroit team. Francouz likely has one more year and then he's probably a pumpkin. An oft-injured goalie as well.

The Great One

Knight easily for me.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As you own Bob, Knight is a slam keep for me.

Husso will start off as 1A on an average team, while Francouz will be 1B on a top team.

I'd swing for the fences and keep Francouz. IF he is healthy and IF Georgiev can't lock the 1A job, then you get insane value.

Dobber Sports Deity

Francouz is my drop.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I'd keep Knight given you are a Bob owner. If I could trade either Husso or Francouz for pick, I'd do that. If that's not an option, I'd gamble with Husso.

Tough choice, as Francouz has the highest ceiling this year, IMO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep Francouz & Knight.

I see Colorado as a tandem. I like Georgiev more than many, but I also like Francouz. Half of Colorado's starts is better than 60% of Detroit's starts. Husso is the new young guy in Detroit, but he's got one year of NHL success, and there's a competition there. I would trade whichever you don't keep.

I'd honestly be willing to deal Jarry if that's the only option you have to recoup good value, but I'd prefer to trade Husso.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd drop husso. While the Wings made some nice moves this summer, I still don't think they're there yet to compete for a playoff spot, especially considering their tough division. Their weak spot last year especially was defence, and aside from seider and maybe a rookie of the year performance from edvinsson, not much has improved on that front. Especially considering half the goalie categories are GAA and save %, Husso's value taked a huge hit. Plus he'll also have Nedeljkovic stealing some starts, and if he outplays him, it's not like Husso got one of those contracts that guarantee his the starting job (as opposed to say Binnington).
    I don't think it's that long before Knight is starting in Florida and Bob is traded. Maybe not this season, but another early round exit and next off-season I think it's happening.
    And as was mentioned before, half (or even less) of Colorado's starts is better than 60% of Detroit's.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I'd drop husso. While the Wings made some nice moves this summer, I still don't think they're there yet to compete for a playoff spot, especially considering their tough division. Their weak spot last year especially was defence, and aside from seider and maybe a rookie of the year performance from edvinsson, not much has improved on that front. Especially considering half the goalie categories are GAA and save %, Husso's value taked a huge hit. Plus he'll also have Nedeljkovic stealing some starts, and if he outplays him, it's not like Husso got one of those contracts that guarantee his the starting job (as opposed to say Binnington).
    I don't think it's that long before Knight is starting in Florida and Bob is traded. Maybe not this season, but another early round exit and next off-season I think it's happening.
    And as was mentioned before, half (or even less) of Colorado's starts is better than 60% of Detroit's.
    You could almost say the same thing about Detroit and their build. Maybe not this year, but with Stevie Y steering the ship, I think it's happening too. I am looking this year and further for Husso in Detroit.

I think the people looking at Francouz are looking at the team in front of him and not the goalie themselves. I think Knight and Husso are far better goalies than Francouz and the cream usually rises to the top. If anyone here thinks Georgiev won't be stealing starts from Francouz, you're fooling yourselves. It will most likely be Francouz trying to steal starts from Georgiev.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

I like Knight as insurance and Husso as the main guy in Detroit. I think Gregoriev is the top dog in Colorado until he proves otherwise.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

Perhaps biased but Franky is my drop on this one. I’m not sold on him being as good as the other two here.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

Keep Francouz and Knight.

Francouz at 40% of Colorado's games is better than Husso at 65% of Detroits. And i suspect Francouz will get 50%

Knight is Heir apparent to Florida and bob won't be there forever
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Administrator

I'd drop Husso. You start goalies weekly. How many weeks are you going to feel comfortable starting the Wings goalie? They're improved but will they win or prevent goals against? I'm skeptical. We already saw them bet on a small sample goalie in Nedeljkovic, which is a reminder of how erratic goaltending can be. I can see the upside in keeping Husso, but this is your 4th goalie behind Jarry, Bob and Knight, so you are really just looking for a pinch hitter who won't destroy you.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'd drop Husso. You start goalies weekly. How many weeks are you going to feel comfortable starting the Wings goalie? They're improved but will they win or prevent goals against? I'm skeptical. We already saw them bet on a small sample goalie in Nedeljkovic, which is a reminder of how erratic goaltending can be. I can see the upside in keeping Husso, but this is your 4th goalie behind Jarry, Bob and Knight, so you are really just looking for a pinch hitter who won't destroy you.
    Thanks. Its an interesting thing for me to consider. Realistically I start Jarry and Bob every week unless they are hurt (If Bob is hurt I play Knight). Id be keeping Husso for what he can do in 2 years time onwards if the Wings come good.. but I dont know what the ceiling is.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    Thanks. Its an interesting thing for me to consider. Realistically I start Jarry and Bob every week unless they are hurt (If Bob is hurt I play Knight). Id be keeping Husso for what he can do in 2 years time onwards if the Wings come good.. but I dont know what the ceiling is.
    Given that, who would you want to start if Jarry is hurt between Husso & Francouz? I'd lean Francouz, but that's the way I'd look at it. You can find another prospect in the draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.