Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Islanders about to make moves?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Islanders about to make moves?

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/stat...0y0kYZGgQ&s=19

**Keep an eye 👁 on**
    I can’t put a definitive timeline to them, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see at least 4 transactions with the @NYIslanders coming down the line.
    @espn @NHLNetwork @NHL #HockeyTwitter https://t.co/SMUb0aR9uk"

Isles making a few moves to clear space for a certain UFA center?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Islanders about to make moves?

Ole Lou likes to hold his cards close to his vest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

He has 3 RFAs. How much of those 4 moves are signing them?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He has 3 RFAs. How much of those 4 moves are signing them?
    theres a couple of lesser known rfa's that need deals too in Durandeau / Wotherspoon

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lou gets a lot of love and adoration for being an ******* with very little success given the length of his tenure. This whole cutesy withholding transaction news is pretty lame and clearly is not giving him the advantage he thinks it is.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lou gets a lot of love and adoration for being an ******* with very little success given the length of his tenure. This whole cutesy withholding transaction news is pretty lame and clearly is not giving him the advantage he thinks it is.
    Found you a new avatar dude:

Every time I read one of your posts I'm reminded of the following quote:

You will never be criticized by someone doing more than you. They are too focused on their dreams and know how hard the journey is. You will only be criticized by someone who isn't achieving their goals and is taking it out in you.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree, Lou has been overrated in creating a team that can sustain a winning system in the cap-era. However he's prolly the GM you want when you want to turn around a franchise. Guy brings structure, direction, culture change, and likely fear in every worker to be better. This however is short lived.

Guy can't manage a cap properly with foresight. And him going for 32yr old Kadri with a 7yr contract is another example of that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

You will never be criticized by someone doing more than you. They are too focused on their dreams and know how hard the journey is. You will only be criticized by someone who isn't achieving their goals and is taking it out in you.
    ^^ this is my nomination for post of the year!!

As for Lou not having success - before last year he had two straight Conference Finals.

I think it is wise to not be part of the majority and the pressure of media.

If you deal with Lou - you know you are gonna find out the right way.
    All these stories of players finding out that they have been moved by the media,
    or by someone else who heard it from the media before they did just shows that the players are just pawns.
    (Bjorkstrand finding out on his honeymoon from the media, Dach getting a text from DeBrincat that he had been moved)

I love how Lou runs the ship and the way he manages the personal side of the transactions.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Lmao I’m drinking champagne in France my friend my life is going f***ing awesome.

To me that quote is probably more applicable to someone who tries to infer that type of thing about someone from some hockey forum posts, but hey whatever. Sorry for your life, sorry it’s not as good as mine.

Oh an rich and successful people criticize others all the time. It’s an inherent requirement in, you know, being a boss/manager of employees. Something you also clearly have no experience in. Oh well. S to S.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Lmao I’m drinking champagne in France my friend my life is going f***ing awesome.

To me that quote is probably more applicable to someone who tries to infer that type of thing about someone from some hockey forum posts, but hey whatever. Sorry for your life, sorry it’s not as good as mine.

Oh an rich and successful people criticize others all the time. It’s an inherent requirement in, you know, being a boss/manager of employees. Something you also clearly have no experience in. Oh well. S to S.
    If I was in France I surely wouldn't be wasting my time concerned what others are saying on a hockey forum.

It's France! I am sure there are a million things better to do than tell people that my life is awesome!
    But I guess if we tell ourselves and others that enough - maybe it will come true!
    Hope you enjoy your vacation in France - don't waste your time on us lowly peasants!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

And yet here you are constantly posting negative comments on the forums. Yeah you come off as very happy and satisfied with your lavish lifestyle.

Personally I choose to educate and correct behavior in the employees under my supervision rather than to criticize. But hey maybe I'm the one doing it wrong.

Now I suppose I must get back to my job managing
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

And yet here you are constantly posting negative comments on the forums. Yeah you come off as very happy and satisfied with your lavish lifestyle.

Personally I choose to educate and correct behavior in the employees under my supervision rather than to criticize. But hey maybe I'm the one doing it wrong.

Now I suppose I must get back to my job managing
    That’s literally called constructive criticism my dude lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If I was in France I surely wouldn't be wasting my time concerned what others are saying on a hockey forum.

It's France! I am sure there are a million things better to do than tell people that my life is awesome!
    But I guess if we tell ourselves and others that enough - maybe it will come true!
    Hope you enjoy your vacation in France - don't waste your time on us lowly peasants!
    Y’all people have clearly never travelled one single time if you think “travelling” means doing something every second of every day. Or you have no idea how to sit on a patio and chill out lmao.

Dobber Sports Sage

Agreed. His tenure in Toronto was disappointing leaving Dubas to make several moves to clean up his mess and he has done very little to impress with the Islanders. And this clandestine, cloak and dagger method of dealing with free agents has not been some game-changing success. In a copycat league, no one else acts in this manner.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Agreed. His tenure in Toronto was disappointing leaving Dubas to make several moves to clean up his mess and he has done very little to impress with the Islanders. And this clandestine, cloak and dagger method of dealing with free agents has not been some game-changing success. In a copycat league, no one else acts in this manner.
    And his solution to losing in the conference finals twice was firing the only coach who could drag his poorly built team to those results lol.