Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Islanders about to make moves?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Islanders about to make moves?

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That’s literally called constructive criticism my dude lmao.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    And his solution to losing in the conference finals twice was firing the only coach who could drag his poorly built team to those results lol.
    It happens in every single profession, and as a mid 50s professional I feel it too - if you don't adapt to new stuff, if you stick to much to the old ways (no matter how successful, 5, 10, 20 years ago), eventually you become a dinosaur. You need to constantly evolve.

Not sure Lou is into that evolution, and seems like he wants to stubbornly stick to his old ways.

Brilliant hockey mind for his time, but his tenure in Toronto and now Long Island for me are crystallizing that.

But hey, that's a very superficial view, for all I know he is evolving and we're just not seeing it.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

aside from the defense depth gaff last offseason (Chara) he was able to get a lot of work done .

Pelech , Pulock , Beauvillier , Sorokin , Palmieri needed contracts and he was able to get them done with the help of moving Ladds contract for a hefty toll (2x2nds and a conditional 3rd)

If announcing the signings later in the summer aided in lowering the cost to move Ladd then maybe its a genius move . Perhaps the same is happening now with trying to move Bailey .

otoh , how many season tix holders are spending that money elsewhere if they believe it'll be the same lineup (except for Romanov)?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Isn't it baffling how always the same few guys have to turn thread after thread into a bitchfight?

Guys, nobody cares about who of you is right, has the bigger d*** or whatever. Both sides are just being a nuisance to most readers on this forum. You're derailing thread after thread for your personal games and it's a shame.

I'm just an occasional reader (and posting even more rarely), but the fact that casual members like me recognize your names and see the end of a sensible discussion coming once you lot chime in, should give you some food for thought.

Pls do us all a favor and continue your discussions with private messages. You're really not impressing anyone with your arguments. Thanks.