Thread: keeper advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default keeper advice

Thanks to some great advice on these forums sitting on back to back titles. Team and league format are in sig. Who we keeping going into next year? Goalies and good young d are hot commodities in this league. I was thinking Huberdeau, Kaprizov, Guentzel, Marchand, Fiala, Malkin, Stone, Bertuzzi, Terry, Makar, Josi, Letang, Perunovich, Sorokin, Jarry. Not sure if I should make room for Fleury or not since he'll be the starter on a decent team. But who would you take out to make room?
    Keeper League: 13 teams, Keep 15
    G(25) A(25) PPP(10) SHG(20) GWG(20) +/-(10) PIM(3) SOG(2)
    W(50) GA(-15) SV(2) SO(50)

Forwards(Start 9): Marchand, Kaprizov, W Nylander, Guentzel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Malkin, Bertuzzi, Terry, P Kane, Novak, M Johansson, Backlund, Zucker.

Defensemen(Start 4): Makar, Letang, Josi, Hamilton, Matheson, Valimaki, Hronek

Goalies(Start 2. 4 max per team): Jarry, Sorokin, Kotchetkov, Fleury.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: keeper advice

I like your keepers. Perunovich is a touch and go type of keeper because he's still got a lot to prove and has Krug in front of him but I can appreciate why you'd want to keep him. He's my border keeper from the group mainly because he's not proven compared to the rest of your keepers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think you have this right. As Axe points out, the only real "bubble guy" is Perunovich. With Letang, Josi and Makar you are in pretty nice shape on the back end. I also think you are solid in net with Jarry and Sorokin so adding another keeper goalie is certainly not necessary but depending on how your league treats goalies, in many they are all god like, over priced and hoarded and if that's the case in your league then adding Fleury and dropping Perunovich may be the better moves. It all depends on your league and what would be available in the draft to fill out your rostered goalies.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm thinking Fleury probably easier to redraft as league treats guys into their 30's like lepers.