Thread: Sign Norris or Perron?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sign Norris or Perron?

My free agents going into the off-season this year are: E Kane, Norris, Forsberg, Perron and Sandin. With a beautiful 5.125 per season for Kane he is a no brainer to sign. Especially with our league counting hits. I am hoping for something around 2 million for Sandin as my D core took a huge hit this offseason. (Lost Jones, McAvoy and Reilly)

That leaves me with Forsberg, Norris and Perron. I feel like Forsberg is the easy one to say no to resigning. So now itÂ’s down to Norris or Perron.

I really like Norris, drafted him and saw him get better and better. Ottawa looks so much deeper and he is just a young amazing center in a great position for years to come. But he is not cheap! 7.95 million per year is not what I hoped for. I need another centerman but also have some young studs in line: Rossi, Newhook and Mercer. Perron signed an affordable 4.75 million 2 year contract. He is old but should see PP time and always seems to keep producing. Looking at the Dobber guide, his numbers are comparable to Norris.

I know I need to find some Dmen so if I donÂ’t sign Norris I have more money to spend in that area. But again, I really like Norris. Knowing the GMs in my league it will be hard to trade away Norris and get anything for him due to his salary cost. If I donÂ’t sign him I will most likely get nothing for him.

So Norris or Perron to sign?
    Salary Cap League - 13 Teams
    Cap: 83.5 Million
    Roster: 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 C, 2 Wing, 1 Forward, 4 D, 1 G, 5 Bench, 7 Farm
    Cats: PTS 1, PIMS 0.1, Blocked Shots 0.1, hits 0.1; Wins, Goals Against(-), SO, Saves

C: Crosby, Pavelski
    F: Mercer
    LW: Guentzel, Kaprizov
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault
    W: E. Kane, Perron
    D: Q Hughes, Bouchard, Addison, Sandin
    G: Shesterkin
    Bench: Raanta, Rossi, Guhle, Garland

Farm: Soderstrom

Free Agents: Maccelli, Newhook, Gudas, Carrier, Kyrou, Gustafsson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Sign Norris or Perron?

Norris will be very good this year playing for a much better team than last year ! But I guess if we correctly want to answer your question we need to know what would be the real alternative here (including the other D)

Norris/Sandin vs Perron/???

I'd say to keep Norris, except if you can get a good d-man with the extra money... like Dahlin or Toews
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 10) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Cap Hit) League
    14 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

G : Vassilevski, Logan thompson
    F : Tage Thompson, Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Fiala, Bunting, Boldy, Debrincat, Reinhart, Konecny, Kubalik, Bratt, Krejci
    D :
    Morrissey, Hronek, Sergachev, Dunn, Bouchard, Gostisbehere

The Great One

My instinct is to sign Perron and drop Norris. This is based on the fact that you think Norris has no trade value in your league. If he has no trade value in your set up, that tells me something about his 'value' in your system. You definitely need D. It's tough, because I love Norris and the situation he's in, but it looks like you can get similar value from Perron. Have you even tried shopping either of these players?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    My instinct is to sign Perron and drop Norris. This is based on the fact that you think Norris has no trade value in your league. If he has no trade value in your set up, that tells me something about his 'value' in your system. You definitely need D. It's tough, because I love Norris and the situation he's in, but it looks like you can get similar value from Perron. Have you even tried shopping either of these players?
    The shopping of Norris has begun but his high salary makes him tough to trade. Your instincts echo my own as Perron gives me similar points, more flexibility in the future as he is only signed 2 years and more money to find defense that is needed. But I do love Norris, may have to circle around to him in a couple years when the cap is higher or some of my big contracts are gone.
    Salary Cap League - 13 Teams
    Cap: 83.5 Million
    Roster: 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 C, 2 Wing, 1 Forward, 4 D, 1 G, 5 Bench, 7 Farm
    Cats: PTS 1, PIMS 0.1, Blocked Shots 0.1, hits 0.1; Wins, Goals Against(-), SO, Saves

C: Crosby, Pavelski
    F: Mercer
    LW: Guentzel, Kaprizov
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault
    W: E. Kane, Perron
    D: Q Hughes, Bouchard, Addison, Sandin
    G: Shesterkin
    Bench: Raanta, Rossi, Guhle, Garland

Farm: Soderstrom

Free Agents: Maccelli, Newhook, Gudas, Carrier, Kyrou, Gustafsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If he's got no trade value in your league, you can try trading Perron for cheap D help, but I suspect that also won't pan out.

I'd keep Perron if the cap is as big an issue as it seems, and there's no deal to be had with him that helps.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

If you have cap problem, Perron is the keep. Great contract
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot