Thread: Krug or Girard

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Krug or Girard

In a dynasty cap league with cats including G, A, PPP, Hits, Blks, who does everyone prefer out of Torey Krug and Sam Girard?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Krug or Girard

It somewhat depends on whether you are contending or not.

For the near term, Krug. St. Louis will be loyal to Krug due to his contract and established history being a PP1 quarterback unless he proves incapable. Girard will never be at the apex of opportunity in Colorado. You'd need a trade and then hope that the team he goes to doesn't have a better PP1 option. And I'm not convinced that Girard, even if everything breaks right for him, will exceed Krug.

But Krug is 7 years older. Krug's shelf life is shorter.

If you're contending, then I'd want Krug. If not, I'd consider Girard for a lower-level, but perhaps longer-lasting production. But even then, Girard carries the rep of being all offense no defense. Sometimes those guys get buried and disappear before their prime (see Gostisbehere). But they might someday resurface. (see Gostisbehere.)

All of the above being said, I'd probably pick Krug.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Krug or Girard

One day, maybe, and that's a big maybe, Girard will have some of the success that Krug has had for years in the NHL. Over the next 2 to 3 years, perhaps longer, that will very likely not happen. This is not really close IMO, Krug is what he is, the numbers are there, the sample size is huge and his situation in St Louis is about as good as it gets and I think he has plenty of gas left in the tank. Girard is a good D Man, but unless circumstances change, he is behind Makar, Toews and Byram in Colorado and he remains a 30+ pt D Man. He is not good enough to change that reality IMO unless something unforeseen happens. A trade perhaps, gives him some opportunity, but he has a long way to go before he can be compared to Krug and I question whether he is good enough to make that happen. For the foreseeable future there is no comparison.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf