Thread: Luke Hughes and Ecklund vs 2022 draft class

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Luke Hughes and Ecklund vs 2022 draft class

I can get both in a trade for my 1st and 2nd round picks. That’s a keep 7 pts only league with farm(not the one in my sig)I’m not competing this season, so I want to upgrade my farm.

With my 1st pick I could pick one of the top 3 NHL players in 2022 draft class( Slaf, Wright, Cooley). With 2nd round pick, will be a top 15 picks.

So were Hughes and Ecklund stand vs 2022 draft class ?

reps to all
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Luke Hughes and Ecklund vs 2022 draft class

In a points only league I want Hughes and Eklund for sure.

If you have the 3rd pick this year - you are likely not getting the player that you want in a points only league and that is Slafkovsky or Cooley.
    Wright is a center on a team with Beniers - so I think Seattle will have two centres that split everything across the board and that includes points.
    Thus limiting the ceiling of points for both of them.

Eklund is going to be a star and get lots of points.
    So by taking this trade you are removing the risk of who you will get at #3 overall.

And Hughes - I much prefer him to anyone that will be available around pick 15!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

I like Hughes over anyone in the 2022 class. Not by a significant margin, but by enough for me to say that he'd be my choice. The main negative against him is the presence of Hamilton and Nemec. But at this stage in prospect development, you have to go talent over opportunity. Especially when the surrounding casts of others (esp. Wright and Cooley) aren't great. Eklund still has some shine, even if his prior year wasn't as stellar as before. Whoever is at 15 is not likely to be better than Eklund and you get Eklund being closer to the NHL than them.

Because I think Hughes is the best asset here, I take it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I like Hughes over anyone in the 2022 class. Not by a significant margin, but by enough for me to say that he'd be my choice. The main negative against him is the presence of Hamilton and Nemec. But at this stage in prospect development, you have to go talent over opportunity. Especially when the surrounding casts of others (esp. Wright and Cooley) aren't great. Eklund still has some shine, even if his prior year wasn't as stellar as before. Whoever is at 15 is not likely to be better than Eklund and you get Eklund being closer to the NHL than them.

Because I think Hughes is the best asset here, I take it.
    I 100% agree with this explanation. I take Hughes over the #3 pick (not thrilled with NJ taking Nemec but like Senyru said- go with the talent) and Eklund easily over #15. This is a great trade for you.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’m also in agreement take Hughes+Eklund and high five yourself.