Thread: Alex Turcotte

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Alex Turcotte

Should he still be relevant in any format or do you guys think he’s a bust? Let’s say in a banger league with a 20 player minor system where would you guys rank him in the 2022 draft? Is he worth a top 15 pick?

( G, A, PTS, FOW, Hits, BLKs, SOG, TOI )
    14 team Keep all category based Dynasty league

scoring Category’s are G,A, PTS, SOG, BLKs, Hits, FOW, W, SVs, SV% and GAA

C-Draisatle, Eichel, Jenner, Gourde, Malkin, Crosby

LW- Guadreau , Marchand, Chandler Stephenson , Pacioretty

RW-Patrick Kane, Hathaway, Rienhart, Laine , Stone

D-Makar, Towes, Ristolainen, R.Andersson,Burns , Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Provonov

G- Andersen , Allen, Brobovsky

Minors

C-Hirovinen, Klimovich, Lafferty, J.McBain, J.Roy, Brad Lamburt, Rossi

LW-J. Doan, A.Nylander, R.Lomberg, Kuzmenko

RW- E.Bemstrom, C.Caufield, Jenik, Koivunen,

D- Sandin, Barron, K.Guhle, Timmons, Soderstrom, Niemela

G- Woll, Swayman, Logan Thompson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Alex Turcotte

Still only 21, I think it's a bit too soon to label him a bust but his progression for a 5th overall has not been encouraging. With Covid and injuries he has missed a lot of development time, in the last two years he has only played 59 AHL games in which he has put up 39 points. That's not terrible, but it's not great either, he needs to improve. Further, he has some guys in front of him now on the depth chart in LA, so that too is a challenge for him. I certainly wouldn't draft him in the top 15. I'd keep him on the radar, perhaps draft him in later rounds and wait and see what he does with, hopefully for him, a full AHL season to get on the right track. His fantasy relevance is pretty minimal, he may get in a few games with the Kings, but I think he spends most of the year with the Reign. If you have a deep farm he's a good stash, he may turn things around but I would pay very little for the opportunity to find out.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

Too soon for a bust but every indication points toward a third liner future. If you have him, you hold. If you don't, I'd stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Still only 21, I think it's a bit too soon to label him a bust but his progression for a 5th overall has not been encouraging. With Covid and injuries he has missed a lot of development time, in the last two years he has only played 59 AHL games in which he has put up 39 points. That's not terrible, but it's not great either, he needs to improve. Further, he has some guys in front of him now on the depth chart in LA, so that too is a challenge for him. I certainly wouldn't draft him in the top 15. I'd keep him on the radar, perhaps draft him in later rounds and wait and see what he does with, hopefully for him, a full AHL season to get on the right track. His fantasy relevance is pretty minimal, he may get in a few games with the Kings, but I think he spends most of the year with the Reign. If you have a deep farm he's a good stash, he may turn things around but I would pay very little for the opportunity to find out.
    Thanks for the imput I was thinking along the same lines

Dobber Sports Deity

He's worth holding if you have a minors system. As mentioned, he's really had some bad luck with injuries to this point but still lots of time to put it together. The bigger concern I have is the depth of the Kings organization and where he fits in. He's got lots of competition to work his way through but the skill has always been there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

A trade would help. LA doesnt look like they've considered him at all when drafting so I don't think they have any real plans for him. Similar to Ty Smith, another guys i drafted....hhhhh.

Im probably going to drop him after using a first round pick on him a couple years ago.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i gave up on him a while back, now as others said i think he will be an NHLer of some kind, but i dont see anything close to his original hype at 5 overall.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Thanks guys basically confirmed what I was thinking would love to see a Sandin for Turcotte swap in the NHL. Think that’d benifit both teams.