Thread: Cap league - rank these defensemen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Cap league - rank these defensemen

Hello, I need to add 1 or 2 D. How would you rank these defensemen ? (points only cap league). It appears to me that Vince Dunn could be a Sleeper.. The guy has a lower upside, but he's still on PP1 in a club that can only get better ?

Damon Severson
    Jakob Chychrun
    Gostisbehere
    Tyson Barrie
    Vince Dunn
    Boqvist
    Sergachev
    Hanifin
    Forsling
    hronek

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Cap league - rank these defensemen

Can you post their salaries
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I was wondering if anyone had a good argument to add for prioritizing one of them. I don't know what to think as they all have pros and cons. Any thoughts ?

Cap Hit Pros Cons
    Hanifin 4,9 M Probably PP1 or PP2, great season last year, 1st line Andersson & Weegar, Higher Cap
    Sergachev 4,8 M PP2,Good team, BT possibility, contract year Behind Handman, 8.5M next yr...
    Gostisbehere 4,5 M Probably PP1 or PP2, great season last year, contract yr Battle with Chychrun, Weaker team
    Tyson Barrie 4,5 M High upside, Probably PP1 for a great offensive team Getting old, Bouchard is pushing, 3rd paring
    Hronek 4,4 M BT possibility, Det is getting better, PP2 Stuck behind Seider
    Vince Dunn 4 M 1st line, PP1, Contract yr Weaker team, limited upside ?
    Forsling 2,6 M Weegar is gone, 1st line duty, great last yr, low$ No PP
    Boqvist 2,6 M High upside, CBJ getting better, PP2, low$ Stuck behind Werenski, Risk of injuries ?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Superstar

If someone can make a truly definitive argument for one or two of these guys I'd sure like to hear it. With the exception of Boqvist and Dunn (and it's not like they're not even close), all of these guys project to put up 45 - 50 pts. Undoubtedly some will hit the projections or exceed them and some will fall short, but I don't see how anyone could predict the circumstances surrounding that happening and to who and reacting accordingly. I will say that if Forsling can indeed hit the 45 pts that Dobber projects, well at 2.6 Mil that's the best contract of the bunch. After that, Hanifan and Sverenson have the highest projected numbers but again, all the rest are very very close. If CAP is an issue for you Forsling may well be worth a shot and then add one other. BTW, welcome to the Forum! As a last point, it would be extremely helpful for all of us including you if you created a signature and provided all the relevant information about your league and your team. CAP situation, a need for more youth etc etc could all factor in to the question you are asking here and better determine the best options for you, but we are in the dark (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Veteran

Barrie
    Severson
    Dunn
    Hanifin
    Gostisbehere

Something like that, they're all kind of 2nd tier options so I'm probably gambling on Barrie clicking on the PP in Edmonton. If Arizona was better I'd rate Ghost higher.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dunn - has PP1 upside, finished strong

Hanifin - Finished the year on PP1 + Strong.

Barrie - if Bouchard falters, PP1 will be deadly again.

Forsling - Think he'll get Weegar's TOI and situation + superb end of year. And comes with a lower cap.

Sergachev - It's a one year thing as his extension is terrible for cap leagues.

Boqvist (not clear enough for his role), Hronek (passed by Seider) and Ghost (won't repeat, slowed down) I'd avoid if possible.