Thread: Joel Eriksson Ek

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Joel Eriksson Ek

Your thoughts on Eriksson Ek, will he still be in the top 6 and continue to grow his point totals this year?

Goals & assists pool

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Joel Eriksson Ek

i think he will be top 6 but i dont think he got much upside left...he kinda is what he is
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I have been waiting for this kid to break out for a long time... I am beginning to think he doesn't have the next level that looked so promising back in the day.

We might have reached the top level.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

He is still a top 6 player, but I don't see his game growing any further, offensively. While he has shown a steady increase in P/game the last three seasons (0.47, 0.54, 0.65), I think that a lot of that was due to Minnesota's relative lack of offensive depth, giving him the benefit of opportunity to play greater minutes, especially power play. As these younger prospects start arriving and growing into their offensive roles, I think that we see JEE surrounded by more talent, but given less in terms of PP1 TOI. For those reasons, I think that he has kind of reached his plateau. I solid, two-way player who can chip in 50-55 points each year. That's where I see him.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I think he's more valuable in bangers but can still be a great player in your format. I'm keeping him in all pools. I think he can be a late bloomer like Lindholm.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think Eriksson Ek is one of those types of players that has more real life value than fantasy. I recall seeing a statement from one of his team mates who said he is an absolute pain in the ass to play against. I think he now fits the definition of a defensively responsible center to a tee. Last year he had almost 3 times as many take aways as give aways. He has a nice balance of goals and assists, pretty much 1:1 over the last few years. He is not a first line center expected to put up PPG, rather he is a second line center expected to significantly contribute at both ends of the ice, and I think he does just that. Accordingly, gaudy offensive numbers are not very likely, however he should provide 55 pt give or take production moving forward. As others have stated, the peripherals will be significant as well. In a pts only league his value is lesser than his value in a multi cat format where he is a very decent own.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thx for your opinions all!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Even though I have to agree that in goals/assists only pools, JEEK is very average. But I certainly disagree with a statements that "He's better in a real NHL than in FH"...depends on a league setup. I own him in two leagues with the same categories: G, A, PPP, SOG, PIMs, HITs, FOW, BLKs...and he's an absolute Gold for 50 points guy. I mean, well over 100 hits, around 700 FOW and almost at 3.0 SOG average which is well above some of the forwards with a higher offensive upside.