Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How are you navigating Covid these days?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default How are you navigating Covid these days?

I am generally curious about this. As there's been debate in my office. Do you test for every symptom? Like if you have a mild sore throat or a runny nose? Or do you wait for something like a fever? Do you isolate and test if a potential close contact test positive and you have no symptoms?

I know it's a burnt out topic but I feel like here in North America we have been back to normal for sometime and in Alberta testing is only a recommendation. So I am sincerely trying to gauge what everyone else does?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: How are you navigating Covid these days?

I adhere only to necessary measures as provided by province, municipality, employer or clients. I personally dont go above and beyond.

I never wanted to get vaccinated in first place but i did take 2 doses for greater good if you will. My employer didnt fore it on us but i believed the mass that faster we get vaccinated faster this will end..

After 2 doses my immune system got completely shut down. So i would not get COVID but since August 2021 (after second dose) i was sick about 20 times before year ended. Little things here and there but i was not sick for about 3 years prior to that.

So yeah, im done with this crap..i do what i need to get by but i dont do anything extra at all.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

What's Covid?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I am generally curious about this. As there's been debate in my office. Do you test for every symptom? Like if you have a mild sore throat or a runny nose? Or do you wait for something like a fever? Do you isolate and test if a potential close contact test positive and you have no symptoms?

I know it's a burnt out topic but I feel like here in North America we have been back to normal for sometime and in Alberta testing is only a recommendation. So I am sincerely trying to gauge what everyone else does?
    How insane must one be to be testing for any symptom. holy hannah that shocks me people do that.

The only Covid debate that should be had is why Hinshaw got a $227,000 bonus and she still can't afford a proper haircut.

Dobber Sports Star

For me, I have only been tested once after being exposed to somebody who had it. This was probably a year and a half ago. I have been mildly sick with a cold once in the last couple years but ended up being fine. Never tested for that.

Now I am generally pretty safe. I have been double vaccinated which was required for my work with the Government of Canada, but I would have done it anyway. I live alone and work from home, so I don't have as many opportunities to be exposed as most. I have started to go out socially from time to time. I haven't gone to a concert or movie since before the pandemic but I have gone out for dinner a few times in recent months. I have also hung out with some friends fairly regularly recently. I go grocery shopping probably once a week or so. I no longer wear a mask in public but when I do see friends socially, I ask them if they would prefer I mask. Most of them are fine with no mask. I have gone to work two or three times over the last 2 years and even though we don't require vaccination as a condition of employment any longer, I am still required to wear a mask at work. Since I am so rarely there, it doesn't bother me.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am back to pre-Covid living.

My wife works in healthcare so we were party of the minority that actually washed our hands and followed other common sense hygiene practices to prevent illness. And if someone is sick - stay home.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

I was never a fan of anything that was going on, and my mental health was severely affected by the constant onslaught of fear media. Imho, that did as much or more damage than the virus itself. But that's just my opinion, and it's not quantifiable so not worth debating.

I got so sick after my forced second dose, (next day I had all the symptoms including loss of smell/taste but no fever) I have ignored all of my booster reminders. To the best of my knowledge I have not contracted it yet, but both my septuagenarian parents had it recently after travelling to EU. They had a booster before they left, and got it a month later, and were over it in a few days thankfully. So the vitamin did its job.

Other than that it's been a non-factor and I pretty much have forgotten about it, except for when I see people wearing masks. I have no opinion on that.

I have not even had a sniffle in the last 3 years. So maybe I can say I've enjoyed some aspects of this nonsense.

Favourite covid meme (yes i know there is a fundamental difference between war and contagion):
    471A9681-F5D0-4BA3-BB8F-4A507360E379.jpeg

Dobber Sports Master

I caught it July 12th and self isolated for 10 days which is around how long it took for it to come and go. My wife’s workplace had/still has to an extent a Covid breakout which is how she caught it and passed it on to me.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I still wear a mask because I think monkeypox is going to be just as bad

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PinchingD View Post
    I still wear a mask because I think monkeypox is going to be just as bad
    https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeyp...nsmission.html

Oral sex with a mask on, sounds like fun!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

For me, it's about wearing a good mask anytime I walk through an indoor area where somebody could have coughed or sneezed in the last minute and turned the corner beyond my sightline.
    So if I go to Home Depot or Walmart or Target or grocery store... the mask goes on. N95, elastic straps around back of head.
    I do a count/numbers everytime. In my area, I now estimate I'm in the 5% just for wearing a mask and the 1% for wearing a proper mask.
    It's so rare to see good mask-wearers any more than I now salute (with subtle head-nod or half-raised hand wave) to anybody still rocking a proper mask. (gotta have a strong strap & perimeter fit game)

[It's a personal decision though. People need to protect themselves. I have a disabled wife and two young kids. If I go down... they're in trouble.]

My biggest fear is that there's been enough mutations of COVID to know that should continue.
    Early strains of COVID were killers. The US is over 1 millions deaths. That gives the country a 1in330 death rate. That's heavy.
    In the last 8 months, the main strain, Omicron was a brutal cold.
    And people think "Oh, it's just a brutal cold" now.
    Damn... I hope the next strain is also just a brutal cold for y'all too.

The vaccines are cool, but they aren't the solution.

If everybody would wear a high-end mask for just one month, together, everywhere - the shit would be gone.
    That's too much trouble though... apparently. Sigh.

I wish you all luck.
    Can't say I'm a fan of how lightly I see people treating this thing...
    Hopefully I'm wrong and I'm just being the overconservative engineer. I can live with that mistake.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Good Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    For me, it's about wearing a good mask anytime I walk through an indoor area where somebody could have coughed or sneezed in the last minute and turned the corner beyond my sightline.
    So if I go to Home Depot or Walmart or Target or grocery store... the mask goes on. N95, elastic straps around back of head. Same here, old and got the bad lungs. I doubt anyone here would give you a hard time for masking with your situation.
    I do a count/numbers everytime. In my area, I now estimate I'm in the 5% just for wearing a mask and the 1% for wearing a proper mask. 5%, wow that's pretty good.
    It's so rare to see good mask-wearers any more than I now salute (with subtle head-nod or half-raised hand wave) to anybody still rocking a proper mask. (gotta have a strong strap & perimeter fit game)

[It's a personal decision though. People need to protect themselves. I have a disabled wife and two young kids. If I go down... they're in trouble.]

My biggest fear is that there's been enough mutations of COVID to know that should continue.
    Early strains of COVID were killers. The US is over 1 millions deaths. That gives the country a 1in330 death rate. That's heavy.
    In the last 8 months, the main strain, Omicron was a brutal cold.
    And people think "Oh, it's just a brutal cold" now.
    Damn... I hope the next strain is also just a brutal cold for y'all too.

The vaccines are cool, but they aren't the solution.

If everybody would wear a high-end mask for just one month, together, everywhere - the shit would be gone.
    That's too much trouble though... apparently. Sigh. Ya, it's way to much trouble Pengwin7...SOOO inconvenient to slap a mask on and help other people out when one is indoors, so damn inconvenient.

I wish you all luck.
    Can't say I'm a fan of how lightly I see people treating this thing...Isn't it amazing. My town of 7500 or so is experiencing almost record numbers of new cases but looking at life here you'd think covid has never existed.
    Hopefully I'm wrong and I'm just being the overconservative engineer. I can live with that mistake.
    I don't think you are wrong.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm kinda resigned to the fate that once school starts our family will get it. I think it's going to explode here around Chicago in a couple weeks. Very few people wear masks around here. My niece was just on family vacation with her boyfriend and the entire group got it. Thankfully, it was very mild and she started showing symptoms before she came home and didn't infect anyone when she came home.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I recently traveled to west central Pennsylvania, where I as one of the few mask wearers in general. I was there for a convention, and while I was mostly masked, I did let me guard down at times, as I was relaxed back into normalcy. However, I was in close contact with someone who got ill but had no symptoms, and got Covid. I only consumed food in the presence of other people 3 times in a week, and skipped some very large events to be on the safer side.

I arrived home Sunday night, felt ill Monday night, tested Tuesday morning, and was positive. It's the first time I had tested since the last time my SO had an exposure at work, which happens about every 3-4 months due to varying degrees of stupidity from people. Worst one was somebody brought their kid into the office due to the daycare being closed ... due to a Covid outbreak. That person since was let go, but it wasn't directly related to that incident. Her HR person, and head of the local office are not that bright, as they gave the woman permission to bring her kid in.

Most of my friends who have kids have had it run through the family far before now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Fever - stay home until 48 hours fever free.
    Light cold/sniffle - work as usual.
    Cough/average cold/sniffle without fever that ordinary would mean work -> test, or stay home until better.

No mask outside of work, unless in some sort of health institution. Although I'm rarely in crowded areas, do my shopping outside of peak hours, and due to work - I'm good with hygiene. Also vaccinated.