Thread: Konecny vs Granlund points only

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Konecny vs Granlund points only

Who would you rather own in a points only league moving forward?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Konecny vs Granlund points only

It’s pretty close but i would go Granlund just because he will play with better linemates ( and better team )
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Konecny is 25 (entering prime)
    Granlund is 30. (entering the back nine)

Advantage - Konecny

Linemates/Team
    Granlund has better teammates in Duchene/Forsberg but I think that he is going to get passed on the top powerplay unit by Tomasino/Glass/Niedereitter
    Konecny should be a lock on the top PP unit and should have a better scoring team with DeAngelo added and Couturier back healthy.

Advantage - Tie

CoachKonecny - Tortorella as a coach is going to hold the team back offensively. Konecny plays the style of game that Tortorella will like.
    Granlund - It doesn't matter who is coaching Nashville - it won't have as negative of impact as Torts in Philly.

Advantage - Granlund

History

Both players have some 60 points seasons under the belt. Granlund is coming off one last year. Therefore I think he will regress this year.

advantage - tie

Overall

I think it is close - but deciding between two players at this range I am swinging for the fence and going for the younger guys that I think can take a step forward.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I mostly agree with Penguin Hunter, although I do think (desperately hope?) that Fletcher is on his last coaching hire in Philly. Therefore I give Torts a max of 2 years to get the Flyers to the playoffs, which won't likely happen. So Konecny will have time under a different coach or the team will find success.

I would also take the young guy in Konecny.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.