Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [EXTENDED] Huberdeau 8x$10.5 in CGY

Dobber Sports Monster

Default [EXTENDED] Huberdeau 8x$10.5 in CGY

Staying in CGY

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli
    1m
    Hearing #Flames and Jonathan Huberdeau are putting the finishing touches on an eight-year, $84 million extension. 8 x $10.5 million.

@DailyFaceoff

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [EXTENDED] Huberdeau 8x$10.5 in CGY

Good for CGY. Absolute STEAL of a trade now. Well done.

Dobber Sports Star

good for him, good for calgary.

considering where calgary was when tkachuk asked for a trade this is a 10/10 outcome for them
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't know if I'd call it a "steal" of a trade... I'd take prime Tkachuk over 30 something Huberdeau for the same cap hit any day. If they sign Weeger as well then it's a win for sure.

Having said that, Calgary has effectively neutralized what would have been a truly shitty situation. Now they can carry on as a good but not great team for the foreseeable future.

Dobber Sports Pro

So... the Flames basically signed their Gaudreau replacement for basically the same money they would have spent one way or another. They are still short a 80+ pt forward that they haven't replaced yet.

Hooray for Calgary.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great for Calgary. Don’t know why Huberdeau signed there for 8 more seasons, probably because he wouldn’t get that contract elsewhere. And with the next season it’s 9. Will finish at 38.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Titan

In terms of replacing Gaudreau (28yrs old, 9.75mx7yrs-35 when deals done) with Huberdeau (29yrs old, 10.5mx8yrs+1yr-38yrs old when deals done) they did a good job. He's a perfect replacement and arguably better.

Treliving definitely maximized an offseason that could have been devastating for years. But Calgary still got worse from last yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not surprised he signed that extension. No one in their right mind turns down that much money and term unless the offer is coming from Columbus, Ohio.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There’s a pretty reasonable argument to be made that Calgary should have just traded Huberdeau for a haul at the deadline, but I think from a market positivity perspective this is a contract they had to sign of Huberdeau was willing.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I don't know if I'd call it a "steal" of a trade... I'd take prime Tkachuk over 30 something Huberdeau for the same cap hit any day. If they sign Weeger as well then it's a win for sure.

Having said that, Calgary has effectively neutralized what would have been a truly shitty situation. Now they can carry on as a good but not great team for the foreseeable future.

They have only been able to replace one of the two top scorers that left in the off season - Treliving has done the best he could with what he had to work with... but the club still took a step backwards when Gaudreau and Tkachuk both decided they wanted to play Moses and split the Red Sea.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is also Huberdeau making the best of it. It's like two people who just got dumped, getting together and starting a relationship. Going from Florida to Calgary is quite the change of scenery. Id rather have Jonathan than Johnny.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Treliving definitely maximized an offseason that could have been devastating for years. But Calgary still got worse from last yr.

Really? I’d say the team got better given it’s a Sutter team and they added Weegar.

But it’s debatable for sure.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Monahan and Lucic off the books next year gives them a lot of options but they definitely need a few prospects to pan out as well to avoid having to overpay guys in free agency.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Florida received the best player at the best contract at age 24 versus Hubby and Weegar who are 5 and 4 years older. In the short term, Calgary probably has the advantage but in years 4-8 I'll take Tkachuk and the extra 7-8-9 million in cap space Weegar will take up. All things considered, Calgary did a great job but I'll take the Florida side over the course of the next 8 years. I don't know where I heard it but reports were that Florida never wanted to resign the duo because of age and doubts about their playoff game. If that is the case and they received Tkachuk at that contract for players they didn't want to commit to, that is nice piece of business by Zito.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Really? I’d say the team got better given it’s a Sutter team and they added Weegar.

But it’s debatable for sure.
    Flames scored 291 goals last yr. They lost Thackuk (42g), and Gaudreau (40g) which was 28% of their goals and replaced those goals with Huberdeau who's career high in goals was 30 last yr and elevating Mangiapane role (who likely will regress). Lost 515shots, replaced it with Huberdeau who is a 200sog/82gp guy.

Markstrom had a career yr and Calgary allowed 3rd fewest goals last yr at 208ga (2.54GAA). Not sure how much better their defensive system can get.

It's more about how well they did in 2021-22 and not replacing Tkachuk, than who they acquired.
    Lost Gaudreau, replaced with Huberdeau
    Lost Gudbrannson, replaced with Weegar
    Lost Tkachuk, replaced with no one.

I think Calgary got worse from their 2nd best season in franchise history points wise. I can't see how they repeat their success of a 50-21-11 (111pts) season with the roster they have. With LAK and Vegas likely better than they were last yr, Canucks could as well.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll