Thread: Air fryer ideas

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Air fryer ideas

So I'm late to the party I suppose but the wife and I just bought a Ninja 6-in-1 two drawer air fryer.

Last night, used it for the first time and successfully cooked salmon filets and asparagus using a recipe I found online. It turned out excellent. This morning I thought I'd try another recipe for breakfast and make a bacon and egg sandwich. Massive fail LOL. Followed the recipe and neither the bacon or egg were cooked but the bread looked like it was cooked. Lessons learned this morning.

If you have an air fryer, what are your "go-to" meals in there? Feel free to include cooking details like ingredients and cook time and Temps. I can't wait to try some.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Air fryer ideas

I would recommend air fryer liners.....

something like this

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/50PCS-A...RD1IZXN6NO2V44

Dobber Sports Sage

We LOVE our air fryer but only use it for very simple things. Since my kids are 12 and 8, we use it primarily for french fries, onion rings, and various chicken tenders, fingers, fries, nuggets, ect. It is AWESOME for those things. It would have been a godsend if air fryers were around during my bachelor days. My wife once made burgers in the air fryer and the results were positive. It is great for reheating food and I will often use it instead of the microwave. It reheats pizza perfectly with getting the crust crisp without the sogginess of a microwave. An air fryer is a great addition to a kitchen.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; August 4, 2022 at 3:59 PM. Reason: missed word
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Chicken wings #1. Anything that is frozen/fresh and breaded. All forms of meat stick, hotdog ---> sausages.

One thing i noticed is that they can really grease up the air so I try to run mine on the stove with the fan running.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

My wife and I just got the same Ninja. We tried it out for the first time on the weekend and had Chicken Breasts - they were super tasty.... I am not sure what she seasoned them with.

But I am going to follow along and take the hints and tricks as well!

Dobber Sports Titan

Air Fryers are just convection ovens where the food you're cooking is raised off the base to allow the air flow around the food. So really any food you want to cook in the oven can go in the air fryer. Brussel sprouts are great in it.

It heats up quickly allowing you not to have a crazy hot kitchen. It helps young kids if you don't trust them around the oven. It helps with another cooking appliance where I've used the oven for one thing, and the air fryer for something else.

Biggest tip I can suggest is getting aerosol oil spray. When you put in lets say chicken wings, spray the top with the oil. Then when you flip them, spray the new top. It really helps out. Using cornstarch with any seasoning mix helps with crisping things up (not just an air fryer thing. BBQ stuff this helps too).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Cool. Good to know.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

One recipe I've used in an air fryer that I made up for an oven is a potato recipe. I feel like everyone has a potato recipe, so here's mine:
    - Cut a russet up into bite sized cubes. Soak in water for an hr to remove starch, up to you if you want this though. Helps a lot, just dry them after though.
    - Toss in oil
    - Toss in seasonings (Fresh garlic, parsley, s&P, paprika, chili flakes, cornstarch. Whatever I'm feeling really)
    - Bake on convection at 425F for about 20min in the oven, prolly check it after 7min in the air fryer. Toss/flip them.
    - Once they're done, put them in a heat proof bowl, and toss them in a couple of small blobs of butter.

It's an easy recipe for people who want fancier potatoes but keeping it simple for the cook/eaters who might be too picky. I've been able to time the prep with how long an oven takes to pre-heat so it's not like it's added time vs frozen stuff, but I can't time it for the air fryer lol.

Cooking tip:
    - If you have the space, grow fresh herbs. Parsley and Basil are very easy to grow and make a ton of difference in marinades and rubs. Helps elevate pasta sauces (I have a solid vodka sauce recipe I use weekly). It's a must for people who enjoy cooking and have the space for growing stuff.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Awesome! Thank you! I will definitely give that one a try. Im going to cook chicken breasts in there tonight and will probably do brussel sprouts along with the chicken.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

We did mozza sticks in ours over the weekend.... spot on!! mmmmmm!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Recruit

You should try cooking air fryer pork chops with a rub seasoning mix applied on the meat with olive oil. The rub is composed of brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Your favorite spices might go in the rub for a more flavorful taste, as well.