Thread: Konecny+ for DeAngelo

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Konecny+ for DeAngelo

I have recently been offered a trade involving DeAngelo.

I have been offered any of the following 3 pieces for DeAngelo

Konecny
    Mittelstadt
    Beauvillier
    Wahlstrom
    3rd round pick 2022 entry draft (would be 21 overall)

My thoughts are to grab Konecny, Wahlstrom and Beauvillier. However, then I'd have to drop players (likely Iafallo, Mantha) to accommodate.

My others concern is that it is a salary cap league, and losing DeAngelo would hurt my ability to stay under the cap for daily rosters, but I'm looking at other options. I'm in win-now mode, I've gone 2nd, 1st, 1st, the last three years, but now I'm feeling the effects of my high priced players. Already shipped out Kuemper after his raise in favour of some youngsters.

Am I missing something that the owner is desperate to acquire DeAngelo or should I pounce on grabbing a couple young guys.

Team should be in signature, hopefully I set that up right. Cumulative points league, 9 teams. We roster 12F, 6D, 2G, 1 skater nightly, have to stay under the cap, approx. 110mil

Thanks!!
    Skaters - G, A, PPP, +/-, Hits, Penalties drawn, MMP, GWG, SHP, GHHT, Hits, Blocks, Takeaways, Giveaways, Shots, Shots Missed

Goalies - W, SO, Saves, Loss, GA, Assists

F: Zacha Huberdeau Landeskog Rantanen M. Tkachuk Kempe Hartman Couturier Crosby Tarasenko Buchnevich Marner Terry Panarin Bjorkstrand Hayton Toffoli Rodrigues Domi Jenner Roslovic

D: Hamilton Hedman Makar Sergachev Chychrun Drysdale DeAngelo Chabot Addison

G: Saros Petersen Merzlikins Blackwood

Minors
    F: Tomasino Turcotte Frost Olausson Jarvis Mercer Maccelli Newhook Othhmann MacTavish Guenther Barabanov Cooley Grieg Nazar

D: PO Joseph York

G: Francouz Wolf Skinner Thompson

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Konecny+ for DeAngelo

While I have my concerns about Tony and Torts hating each other, I feel like the potential for him to do well this season is better than any of those players listed to do better than Tony. I’d stick with Tony here.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't like any of those pieces as much as DeAngelo alone. I do think if you do it, Konecny needs to be one of the pieces, for sure.

Can you use DeAngelo to get a goalie upgrade, by dealing a goalie away with him?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm keeping DeAngelo here even if I don't like his situation in Philly. He will regress compared to last year in Carolina but he will make points. He's too talented. I would compare him to Gostisbehere, a pure talented offensively defenseman. Gosth put points in Philly and still putting points in Arizona. Torts is now the number 1 enemy of DeAngelo and I would trade him for a decent return because of this, but in my opinion, what is being offered to you is not a decent return.

Keep him or shop him for something better.

The Great One

Think I'm missing something. You won't to trade Deangelo (5M) for three pieces because you can't afford the cap hit. ANd they key piece, Konecny, is 5.5M? And then you need to drop pieces to take on the rest of the fluff? My concern is the young guys might not be putting up very big numbers in your format so I'm not sure how you get ahead. I'd rather target ONE piece from him, a cheap (but better) player than the options listed.

Dobber Sports Novice

Not that I can't afford the cap hit, it's that the rest of my defensemen are much higher priced (Hedman, Makar, Hamilton, Chabot, Klingberg), having DeAngelo allows me a little more flexibility on the D side. Konecny's cap hit would actually come in a little cheaper if I dropped Mantha to make room.

New development is he has dangled Kakko...
    Skaters - G, A, PPP, +/-, Hits, Penalties drawn, MMP, GWG, SHP, GHHT, Hits, Blocks, Takeaways, Giveaways, Shots, Shots Missed

F: Zacha Huberdeau Landeskog Rantanen M. Tkachuk Kempe Hartman Couturier Crosby Tarasenko Buchnevich Marner Terry Panarin Bjorkstrand Hayton Toffoli Rodrigues Domi Jenner Roslovic

Minors
    F: Tomasino Turcotte Frost Olausson Jarvis Mercer Maccelli Newhook Othhmann MacTavish Guenther Barabanov Cooley Grieg Nazar

Dobber Sports Novice

Hmm, have not attempted the goalie scenario. I'll try that and see what I can get!

Minors

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Infantino View Post
    Not that I can't afford the cap hit, it's that the rest of my defensemen are much higher priced (Hedman, Makar, Hamilton, Chabot, Klingberg), having DeAngelo allows me a little more flexibility on the D side. Konecny's cap hit would actually come in a little cheaper if I dropped Mantha to make room.

New development is he has dangled Kakko...
    I like DeAngelo, less now after the trade to Philly, but I still like him. That said, the potential offer is well worth consideration. Kakko, Konecny and one of Beauvillier or Wahlstrom has me pulling the trigger. That's a huge return for DeAngelo IMO. I would even consider Kakko and Konecy for Tony. Work the guy for that third piece. If the dude wants Tony D that bad make him pay and it seems like he is pretty close to doing so.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf